Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and/or education which meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Computer Scientist, GS-1550-13.A. I have a Degree: in computer science or bachelor's degree with 30 semester hours in a combination of mathematics, statistics, and computer science. At least 15 of the 30 semester hours must have included any combination of statistics and mathematics that included differential and integral calculus. All academic degrees and course work must be from accredited or pre-accredited institutions.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience which meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Computer Scientist, GS-1550-13.A. I have experience developing and implementing algorithms for highly parallel computing structures; designing, developing and/or modifying existing software to help solve scientific computing problems; investigating and evaluating the suitability of specific software components for particular assignments; conducting tests of software function and performance; implementing security best practices; and serving as the server administrator to support scientific computer and bioinformatics research.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from
the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
3. Apply advanced methods for mapping out and analyzing business processes or used lean management / six sigma tool set for work process improvement.
4. Anticipate change and apply informatics and business process reengineering to transform business operations.
5. Apply deep technical and/or business process understanding to drive business transformation.
6. Lead the portfolio management process for a business unit.
7. Manage the day-to-day operation of a service or process, maximizing adoption and user satisfaction through effective management and operational excellence.
8. Analyze operational issues, identify root causes and made recommendations for service/process improvements.
9. Continually monitor the quality and responsiveness of services being provided to end-users based on the established measurement criteria.
10. Develop strategies, priorities, initiatives and measures that maximize adoption and value creation of products or services.
11. Apply and leverage IT services and solutions in support of business operations and end user work activities.
12. Make recommendations to senior management, customers/clients, or other external representatives that support long-term strategic goals.
13. Present, defend, and or negotiate specific operational/mission goals and needs with senior management, customers/clients, or other external representatives.
14. Develop and maintain a collaborative network of strategic internal and external partners to identify, create and deliver innovative solutions.
15. Gather information, identify and analyze issues to make project recommendations and develop detailed plans, goals, objectives and milestones.