If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for an Operations Research Analyst, GS-1515-14.A. I have a degree: in Operations Research; or at least 24 semester hours in a combination of operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic, science, or subject-matter courses requiring substantial competence in college-level mathematics or statistics. At least 3 of the 24 semester hours must have been in calculus.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for a Mathematician, GS-1520-14.A. I have a degree in Mathematics; or the equivalent of a major that included at least 24 semester hours in mathematics OR combination of education and experience -- courses equivalent to a major in mathematics (including at least 24 semester hours in mathematics), plus appropriate experience or additional education.
3. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for a Mathematical Statistician, GS-1529-14.A. I have a Degree: that included 24 semester hours of mathematics and statistics, of which at least 12 semester hours were in mathematics and 6 semester hours were in statistics OR combination of education and experience -- at least 24 semester hours of mathematics and statistics, including at least 12 hours in mathematics and 6 hours in statistics, plus appropriate experience or additional education..
4. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for a Statistician, GS-1530-14.A. I have a Degree that included 15 semester hours in statistics (or in mathematics and statistics, provided at least 6 semester hours were in statistics), and 9 additional semester hours in one or more of the following: physical or biological sciences, medicine, education, or engineering; or in the social sciences including demography, history, economics, social welfare, geography, international relations, social or cultural anthropology, health sociology, political science, public administration, psychology, etc. OR combination of education and experience. The experience should have included a full range of professional statistical work such as (a) sampling, (b) collecting, computing, and analyzing statistical data, and (c) applying statistical techniques such as measurement of central tendency, dispersion, skewness, sampling error, simple and multiple correlation, analysis of variance, and tests of significance.
5. From the description below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for the Operations Research Analyst, GS-1515/ Mathematician, GS-1520-13/ Mathematical Statistician, GS-1529-13/ Statistician, GS-1530-13.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service, leading, designing and conducting comprehensive studies of the work processes and activities isolating and defining unknown conditions, resolving critical problems, or developing new theories and providing recommendations on the basis of findings; and providing advice and guidance to senior management, customer/clients, or other external representatives.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from
the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
6. Applied advanced methods for mapping out and analyzing business processes or used lean management or six sigma tool set for work process improvement.
7. Anticipated change and applied informatics and business process reengineering to transform business operations.
8. Applied deep technical and/or business process understanding to drive business transformation.
9. Leveraged internal and external mastery to deliver breakthrough business results.
10. Regularly consulted by others on technical, programmatic and/or professional issues.
11. Led the portfolio management process for a business unit.
12. Managed the day-to-day operation of a service or process, maximizing adoption and user satisfaction through effective management and operational excellence.
13. Continually monitored the quality and responsiveness of services being provided to end-users based on the established measurement criteria.
14. Analyzed operational issues, identified root causes and made recommendations for service/process improvements.
15. Developed strategies, priorities, initiatives and measures that maximize adoption and value creation of products or services.
16. Applied and leveraged IT services and solutions in support of business operations and end user work activities.
17. Conscientiously organized work, set priorities, directed, and tracked the work of team members for a specific project.
18. Made recommendations to senior management, customers/clients, or other external representatives that support long-term strategic goals.
19. Presented, defended, and or negotiated specific operational/mission goals and needs with senior management, customers/clients, or other external representatives.
20. Developed and maintained a collaborative network of strategic internal and external partners to identify, create and deliver innovative solutions.
21. Gathered information, identified and analyzed issues to make project recommendations and developed detailed plans, goals, objectives and milestones.