Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Vacancy Identification Number: 545947
Announcement Number: IHS-12-OK-545947-ESEP/MP
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 02.
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you a United States Citizen or National, who is at least 16 years old?A. Yes
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment under the Merit Promotion or Excepted Service Examining Plan in the Indian Health Service. Please respond "Yes" or "No" to the following statements. Do not leave any section blank. NOTE: You must submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility as indicated below. Failure to provide the required documents will render you not eligible for consideration. See instructions under the "How to Apply" tab for submitting documentation.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment under the Merit Promotion or Excepted Service Examining Plan in the Indian Health Service. Please respond "Yes" or "No" to the following statements. Do not leave any section blank.A- Yes.
2. Are you a current, permanent (non-temporary) civilian employee on a competitive service appointment in a Federal agency or a former civilian Federal employee who achieved career status in the competitive service; or an interchange agreement eligible; or a VEOA eligible; or a former civilian Federal employee who served on a career-conditional appointment and was separated less than three years ago without achieving career status in the competitive service? (You must submit supporting documentation).
3. Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification? (You must submit a properly completed and signed copy of the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) Form BIA-4432, "Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs and the Indian Health Service," for employees claiming Indian preference.)
4. Are you an Indian Health Service scholarship recipient who has completed the necessary requirements for an approved health profession degree in accordance with your academic institution and under the Indian Health Care Improvement Act (IHCIA)? (You will receive highest priority placement consideration for available vacancies within the IHS).
5. Have you held a permanent position in the competitive service at the same grade level with the same or higher promotion potential as this position; or be an Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP) applicant; or be eligible for a special appointment authority such as a Schedule A for the severely disabled? (You must submit supporting documentation).
6. Are you interested in performing the duties of this position within the United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps? (You must submit sufficient information to permit this office to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements, including any selective placement factor).
INSTRUCTIONS: The following section is used to determine your Method of Consideration/Referral.
7. Please indicate which of the following plans you want to be considered under: you will only be considered for those that you indicate and are within reach for referral. Do not leave this section blank.
NOTE: You must also submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility as indicated in the vacancy announcement. Failure to provide the required documents will render you not eligible for consideration.
Thank you for your interest in the Custodial Worker Supervisor (WS-3566-1/2/3/4/5) position at our Agency.
We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. Do you have the ability to perform the work of a Custodial Worker, as described in the vacancy announcement, without more than normal supervision?A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that describes your experience as a supervisor, by selecting Yes or No, to those you have experience supervising.A- Yes
2. WS-2 Instructs employees in Custodial Worker specific tasks and job techniques, answer questions on procedures, policies, directives, etc., assists with problems, plan work schedules, deadlines, priorities, and work assignments, distributes and balances workload among employees, approve or deny leave requests, review work in progress or completion for efficiency and economically feasible.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from
the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the
oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and
Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
3. Conducts periodic inventories to ensure sufficient quantities of custodial cleaning supplies are maintained.
4. In-depth knowledge of cleaning materials and equipment to include both operation and minor maintenance of industrial scrubbers, vacuum cleaners, manual/powered common cleaning tools.
5. Performs seasonal tasks including salting or sanding building access ways during icing conditions, shoveling snow, cutting grass, pulling weeds and trimming bushes.
6. Moves and controls heavy equipment, carries and sets up ladders and scaffolding, and works from ladders and scaffolds
7. Moves heavy boxes, crates, disassembled equipment, equipment parts or other obstacles
8. Assists in special preparations for special displays
9. Washes and replaces ceiling fixtures, and room partitions using ladders and scaffolds
10. Cleans rest rooms and other public areas
11. Operates and maintains equipment including industrial scrubbers, vacuum cleaners and manual/powered common cleaning tools.
12. Utilizes approved methods to adjust, oil and change buffers, brushes, rollers, and other attachments on machines.
13. Interprets and applies written operating instructions.
14. Utilizes proper cleaning techniques and methods in accordance with established policies relating to custodial duties.
15. Ensures that established safety and sanitation rules are followed.
16. Performs "on-call" cleanup of spills, debris, and litter from common areas or other public areas of the facility.
17. Performs removal of ice and snow from sidewalks, entrance ways, and other public pedestrian areas in and around the facility.
18. Ensures that work and customer areas are neat and clean in support of a safe work environment.
19. Complete work assignments by the established deadline.
20. Follow oral instructions for work assignments.
21. Follow written instructions for work assignments.
22. Maintain records and documents actions.
23. Communicate with supervisor/dispatcher in accordance with established procedures and time tables.
24. Initiate awards as a supervisor.
25. Conduct performance evaluations as a supervisor.
26. Approve or deny leave requests as a supervisor.
27. Initiate disciplinary actions as a supervisor.
28. Recommend selection for vacancies as a supervisor.
29. Working knowledge of equal employment opportunity (EEO) laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
30. Processing requests for personnel actions, such as promotions, reassignments, and details?
31. Work closely with individuals and groups to resolve problems, analyze alternatives, negotiate differences, and make improvements?
32. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.