The Vacancy Identification Number is:560348
If you are not entitled to veteran's preference, mark "No preference claimed." Except for disabled veterans, (1) those who entered active duty on or after October 15, 1976, and before September 8, 1980, must have an authorized campaign badge; OR, (2) those who enlisted after September 7, 1980, or entered on active duty (through means other than enlistment) on or after October 14, 1982, must have (a) completed at least 24 months of continuous, active duty service AND have served in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign medal has been authorized; OR, (b) have served at least one day during the period for which a campaign medal has been authorized; OR (b) have served at least one day during the period of 08/02/90 through 01/02/92 AND have 24 months of continuous, active duty service, or been a reservist activated during that period. Persons who returned from military service at the rank of major, lieutenant commander, or higher are not entitled to veteran's preference except as disabled veterans.
In this section indicate if you are a surplus or displaced Federal employee requesting special priority consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP).
Note: To receive consideration for CTAP or ICTAP, you must submit the necessary supporting documentation. Refer to the "Benefits/Other" section for additional information and instructions.
The following are basic requirements for this position. Please select the letter that best describes your education and/or experience.
1. I have a J.D. or LL.B. degree.A. True
2. I am an active member of the bar in good standing in any state, territory of the United States, the District of Columbia, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.A. True
3. Select the one response that best describes the level of experience you fully possess that demonstrates your ability as it directly relates to this position.A. I have at least four years of specialized experience as a practicing attorney. My experience includes expert knowledge of Federal securities laws and managing the business operations of a large legal and/or financial organization which includes managing financial, human resources and information technology systems and processes at the highest level of the organization. Additionally, I have experience monitoring and assessing the efficiency and effectiveness of operations in order to develop and implement strategies and plans for improving business processes.
To further assess your qualifications for this position, please select one response from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training as it relates to each task. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume, narratives, and other supporting documentation. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for non-selection.A- I have no education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Use knowledge of division/branch objectives and staff capabilities to assign work.
5. Monitor work performance to ensure timely completion of work assignments.
6. Conduct performance evaluations to communicate assessment of work completed.
7. Organize or lead a major project, and display a high level of initiative, effort and commitment in carrying it out.
8. Serve as top level adviser and collaborate with senior staff to develop and implement plans to modernize program management systems, streamline processes and structures, and ensure that actions are processed in accordance with all requirements and in a timely manner.
9. Prepare memoranda that analyze options for agency decisions and establish new guidelines in response to legislation, Commission action, or changes in related programs.
10. Experience dealing with the press, political appointees, Congress, etc, on various types of issues.
11. Work in groups and teams conducting briefings with outside groups and gaining cooperation from others to obtain information and accomplish goals.
12. Demonstrate familiarity with securities rules and regulations and the securities industry.
13. Address difficult legal or policy issues.
14. Coordinate and facilitate responses to market events and emergencies.
15. Develop creative approaches to management, personnel, and other problems.
16. Confront complex problems of an operational, business, and legal nature, identified key elements of the problems, and developed workable solutions.
17. Work on and successfully addressed major, controversial issues.
18. Prepare for publication reports of substantive information about the programs, policies, and functions of a program or agency. Write interpretive materials with broad impact.
19. Produce well-researched, thorough, and logical written material requiring a mastery of the principles, concepts, laws, and systems involved in administration of agency programs.
20. Provide direction and oversight of a wide range of functions involved in the operations of the Division such as directing and coordinating financial management activities to include special and recurring financial reports and internal reviews.
21. Work with Division staff to bring effective technological solutions to improve the efficiency of program work.
22. Advise on resource allocation and development of human capital metrics for inclusion in budget formulation.
23. Provide leadership and expertise to staff on employee relations issues.
24. Develop strategies and plans to fully optimize the use of human capital, financial resources, and advancements in technology to achieve optimum results.
25. Address potential impact on the organization's missions, resources and workforce, and their integration into the overall SEC mission and strategic objectives.
26. Assess operational shortfalls, identifying opportunities for improvement, initiating technology exploration, and evaluating processes and technologies that may have the potential to improve the effectiveness of the mission of the organization.