Vacancy ID: 572512 Announcement Number: SE1XXXX-03-572512NH202681-D USAJOBS Control Number: 304337000Occupational/Assessment Questions:
1. From the statements below, select the one response that best describes how you meet the basicA. I possess a degree in professional engineering. To be acceptable, the curriculum must: (1) be in
requirement for an Engineer. YOU MUST SUBMIT A COMPLETE COPY OF YOUR
TRANSCRIPTS OR AN ITEMIZED LIST OF COLLEGE COURSES WHICH INCLUDES
EQUIVALENT INFORMATION FROM THE TRANSCRIPT.
a school of engineering with at least one curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for
Engineering and Technology (ABET) as a professional engineering curriculum; or (2) include
differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and
chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics,
dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics;
(d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials
(relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of
fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or
B. Combination of education and experience -- college-level education, training, and/or technical
experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences
underlying professional engineering, and (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical,
of the engineering sciences and techniques and their applications to one of the branches of
engineering. The adequacy of such background must be demonstrated by one of the following:
Professional registration -- Current registration as a professional engineer by any State, the
District of Columbia, Guam, or Puerto Rico; Written Test -- Evidence of having successfully
passed the Engineer-in-Training (EIT) examination, or the written test required for professional
registration, which is administered by the Boards of Engineering Examiners in the various States,
the District of Columbia, Guam, and Puerto Rico; Specified academic courses -- Successful
completion of at least 60 semester hours of courses in the physical, mathematical, and engineering
sciences and in engineering that included the courses specified in the basic requirements; Related
curriculum -- Successful completion of a curriculum leading to a bachelor's degree in engineering
technology or in an appropriate professional field, e.g., physics, chemistry, architecture, computer
science, mathematics, hydrology, or geology, may be accepted in lieu of a degree in engineering,
provided the applicant has had at least 1 year of professional engineering experience acquired
under professional engineering supervision and guidance.
C. I do not have the education requirements listed in A or B above.
2. From the statements below, choose the response that best describes your education and/orA. I have a bachelor's degree in computer science.
experience that meets the basic requirements for the position. YOU MUST SUBMIT A
COMPLETE COPY OF YOUR TRANSCRIPTS OR AN ITEMIZED LIST OF COLLEGE
COURSES WHICH INCLUDES EQUIVALENT INFORMATION FROM THE
B. I have a related bachelor's degree that includes 30 semester hours in a combination of
mathematics, statistics, and computer science. At least 15 of the 30 semester hours must have
been in any combination of statistics and mathematics that included differential and integral
C. I do not have the education requirements listed in A or B above.
3. From the statements below, select the one response that best describes your highest level ofA. I have one year of specialized experience at the GS-07 grade level or next lower pay band in
education/experience you fully possess that demonstrates your ability to perform the work of an
the Federal sector or equivalent experience in the public or private sector performing the
following duties: 1) composing technical reports and correspondence on a variety of engineering
issues, 2) using engineering drawings, technical manuals, and/or other technical materials in the
performance of engineering work, 3) developing the design of computer hardware and software
systems and 4) reviewing design proposals and specifications for adequacy. NOTE: This
information must be supported in your resume to be considered for the position.
B. I have 2 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or
a master's or equivalent graduate degree in professional engineering, computer science, or related
field. NOTE: If you are using education to qualify, you must submit a copy of your college
C. I have a combination of experience as described under letter A above and education as
described under letter B above which, when combined, is equivalent to 100% of the qualification
D. I do not have the experience as described above.
For the following questions, please choose the statement from the list belowA- I have no education, training or experience in performing this task.
that best describes your experience and/or training as it relates to your ability to perform the work
of this position.
B- I have had education or training in performing this task, but have not yet performed it on the
C- I have performed this task on the job. My work on this task was monitored closely by a
supervisor or senior employee to ensure compliance with proper procedures.
D- I have performed this task as a regular part of the job. I have performed it independently and
normally without review by a supervisor or senior employee.
E- I have supervised performance of this task or am normally the person who is consulted by
other workers to assist them in this task because of my expertise.
4. Producing technical engineering reports on research conducted or on projects to which
5. Assisting design/project engineer(s) on an engineering project(s).
6. Reviewing test documentation to determine conformance to established policy guidelines, and
to verify technical accuracy.
7. Using engineering drawings, technical manuals, and/or other technical materials in the
performance of engineering work.
8. Applying engineering technologies in a business or engineering organization.
9. Applying advanced mathematical or statistical formulas or methods (for example, calculus,
inferential statistics, partial differential equations, numerical analyses) to engineering projects and
10. Formulating mathematical solutions or representations to solve complex problems.
11. Identifying trends or relationships based on quantitative or qualitative data.
12. Using prescribed formulas, schedules, tables, charts, or procedures to calculate or check
values or numbers.
13. Performing engineering calculations and uses engineering judgments to draw conclusions on
14. Developing the design of computer hardware and software systems.
15. Analyzing data and reports to determine the feasibility of equipment utilization.
16. Formulating test plans, policies, and strategies to ensure scientific validity, adequacy, or
maximum efficiency of systems.
17. Reviewing design proposals and specifications for adequacy.
18. Evaluating bids for compliance with contract requirements.
19. Composing technical reports and correspondence on a variety of engineering issues.
20. Preparing detailed work procedures, task sequences, instructions, and/or designs for
21. Developing bid specifications, requests for proposals, or statements of work for contracts.
22. Composing scientific, technical, or complex documents (for example, technical reports,
research or contract proposals, journal articles, management reports, manuals, books) to support
23. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing toA. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that
the statement below, you are confirming that you understand this statement, have reviewed your
responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and verify that your responses accurately describe
your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the
if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or
more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may
be removed from further consideration.
B. I do not accept this agreement and/or I no longer wish to be considered for this position.