The following questions require a response. If you do not respond, your application will be considered incomplete and you will not receive further consideration.
The following questions will only be used to determine whether or not you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. You may wish to consult the vacancy announcement for a description of those requirements.
1. Which of the following statements best describes your education for this position? All education must be verified with the submission of transcripts.A. I have completed a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree, that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
If you chose response A, please provide information concerning your degree and attach copies of your college transcripts substantiating the completion of that degree and the courses listed above. Applications submitted without transcripts will not receive further consideration.
2. GS-14: Which of the following statements best describes your experience and education?A. I currently occupy a GS-1102-13 (or higher level) position and have continuously occupied that position since January 1, 2000.
If you chose response B in the previous question, provide several brief examples of your accomplishments that demonstrate this experience. Also, provide the name and telephone number of a supervisor who can verify your claim. Finally, provide the name of the college or university where you completed the degree requirements, dates attended, and a list of the courses taken that meet the 24 semester hour requirement. If you chose any other response, indicate "not applicable."
3. This position requires level III Acquisition Certification. Do you have either a DAWIA III or
FAC-C Level III certification? Please note the certification must be attached to this
application for verification. Failure to provide this certification may result in you
not being considered for the position.
The following questions and their responses shall be used solely for the purpose of initial ranking, and will not be the only tool used by the selection committee/officials in making the final selections.
4. Have you contacted vendors/suppliers or requisitioning personnel to obtain information (e.g., price, availability, shipment methods) on the purchase of items?A. Yes
5. Have you obtained performance data on prospective contractors by contacting government agencies?A. Yes
6. Have you prepared documentation or recommended a decision (e.g., finding of fact, input for interrogatories) for a general legal office (e.g., the Office of Chief Counsel, General Accounting Office, or Board of Contract Appeals) for claims or protests?A. Yes
7. Have you administered contracts from inception to the final close-out?A. Yes
8. Have you monitored the progress and performance (e.g., timely submission of deliverables, timely processing of invoices, or timely submission of reports, etc.) of contractors?A. Yes
9. Have you procured commodities and services using competitive procedures, different types of contract, or other acquisition techniques?A. Yes
10. Have you evaluated bids or proposals for compliance with specifications?A. Yes
11. Have you selected the appropriate method of procurement using established guidelines (e.g., FAR)?A. Yes
12. Have you prepared determinations and findings when contracting by negotiation?A. Yes
13. Have you signed contractual documents that legally bind the government or organization to all terms and conditions of a procurement action?A. Yes
14. Have you analyzed financial data and interpreted financial statements prepared by auditors and accountants that assess the financial responsibility of the contractor to comply with contractual obligations.A. Yes
15. Have you placed orders by Simplified Acquisition procedures (e.g., using blanket purchase agreements, delivery orders, or purchase orders)?A. Yes
16. Have you prepared various documents (e.g., quotes, proposals, RFPs, RFQs) based on procurement requirements?A. Yes
17. Have you prepared and posted contract procurement documents using a webbased solicitation system (e.g., fedbizopps.gov)?A. Yes
18. Have you reviewed electronic quotes from vendors?A. Yes
19. Have you used best-value acquisition techniques (e.g., cost and price analysis, market, and technical information) to process procurements?A. Yes
20. Have you evaluated the impact of technical, legal, or audit decisions on procurement?A. Yes
21. Have you made a recommendation to a contracting officer after analyzing facts and making comparisons of prices, discounts, delivery dates, etc.?A. Yes
22. Have you developed and implemented innovative procurement techniques?A. Yes
23. Have you selected the contract type with the appropriate pricing structure, terms, and conditions based on a review of economic, technical, and legal requirements?A. Yes
24. Do you have a working knowledge of pre-award and post-award acquisition procedures?A. Yes
25. Do you have experience using negotiation techniques (e.g., face-to-face negotiations) to negotiate prices, terms, and conditions?A. Yes
26. Are you knowledgeable regarding the Federal Acquisition Regulation?A. Yes
27. Do you have a working knowledge of Information Technology (IT) procurement?A. Yes
28. Have you evaluated contractor proposals and prepared for pre-negotiation positions using applicable price/cost analysis techniques?A. Yes
29. Do you have experience using computer software packages such as Windows and Microsoft Office?A. Yes
30. Indicate the extent to which you have organized and presented technical information in written format.A. I have had no training or experience in performing this task.
31. Have you provided technical advice/information to the industry, other government agencies, internal customers, or other contract specialists?A. Yes
32. Have you coordinated Justifications for Other than Full and Open Competition (JOFOC) with the requisitioner?A. Yes
33. Have you managed contracts in support of a specific program?A. Yes
34. Have you led contractual negotiations as a team leader?A. Yes
35. Have you coordinated a negotiation strategy with a negotiation team?A. Yes
36. Have you acted as a team leader for a project or procurement (e.g., coordinated functions or assigned work to team members)?A. Yes
37. Have you made presentations of source selection decisions and other procurement decisions to upper management officials?A. Yes