Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 15.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Research Medical Officer, GS-0602-15.A. I possess a degree in Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicant's graduation. [A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States may be demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) (or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country).]
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for Research Medical Officer, GS-0602-15.A. I have one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service, to include experience in directing scientific research programs which provide public health services to reduce work-related illness and injury.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Manage programs of active research which lead to advances in the field of work-related respiratory diseases and other areas of occupational safety and health.
4. Serve as an authoritative source of information for the Division for research specialties/subspecialties series.
5. Provide guidance for the Division's overall scientific efforts.
6. Participate in the planning, developing, evaluating and directing of guidance for the Division's overall scientific efforts.
7. Review Division contract procurement documents, grant proposals and interagency agreements for scientific merit.
8. Ensure adequate monitoring of assigned or developed outside research activities to provide for the satisfactory scientific guidance and completion of such activities.
9. Work with high level officials in resolving budget issues, determine staffing requirements, monitor and participate in research activities.
10. Manage modifications to project activities to take advantage of recent research developments.
11. Determine the critical areas of needed research.
12. Develop creative approaches and solutions to scientific and feasibility issues.
13. Perform personal research to synthesize scientific information to create authoritative scientific documents, for a wide audience.
14. Hear and resolve grievances and employee complaints for a large organization.
15. Make final decisions on personnel actions to facilitate the maintenance of a staff with a variety of training and experience.
16. Utilize supervisors, team leaders, committees and contractors to direct, coordinate and oversee work within the Division.
17. Evaluate subordinate supervisors' performance to assure quality results.
18. Has final approval on nonsupervisory employees rated by subordinate supervisors.