1. From the description listed below, select the letter that best describes your level of education.A. I possess a Master's degree or higher in educational administration, or a Master's degree or higher with not less than 30 semester hours of graduate credit in professional education course work which includes a course each in educational administration, curriculum development/design, educational philosophy and education supervision.
2. From the descriptions below, select the letter that best describes your level of generalized experience.A. I have 3 years of general experience in the Federal service or in the private sector which has given me the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled (as described in the "Qualification Requirements" section of this announcement).
3. From the descriptions below, select the letter that best describes your level of specialized experience.A. I have three years of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level/pay band (GS-13 or equivalent) in the Federal service or in the private sector, which has given me the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to effectively supervise educator and support personnel. To be creditable, specialized experience must have been equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization (i.e. school principal or a position similar in duties and responsibilities) as described in the "Qualification Requirements" section of this announcement.
4. From the description listed below, select the letter that best describes your level of specialized experience.A. I possess leadership and management experience in a Pre-K to 12 grade school setting.
In this part, you will respond to questions about experience you have had that are related to the requirements of the job for which you are applying. Carefully review the level of descriptions listed below. For each statement, select the ONE response description that best describes your experience and record your selection.
5. Analyzes, develops, applies, evaluates and/or modifies strategies and techniques of instruction; curriculum development, implementation and assessment, and education administration within a PreK-12 system.
6. Evaluates and implements educational programs at the headquarters, area, district, or school level that include curriculum standards and alignment, current and proposed educational programs, instructional methods and practices, and use of educational technology within a PreK-12 system.
7. Experience with a variety of education delivery systems within a PreK-12 system, to include distance learning and/or technology initiatives.
8. Influences, motivates, or persuades persons or groups to accept plans and recommendations for improvement and program changes.
9. Interacts with senior military/civilian management and diverse groups consisting of labor representatives, business groups, associates, teachers, students, and parents.
10. Resolves diverse and complex issues.
11. Manages the administration of professional development programs for educators within a PreK-12 system at various organizational levels.
12. Designs, develops and/or manages the implementation of professional and non- professional development programs, such as, new teacher training, research based instructional best practices, and standards-based curriculum.
13. Experience with developing school-wide or district-wide improvement plans.
14. Experience with the successful administration of a school system.
15. Implements and manages programs, regulations, policies, and other significant guidelines as it relates to the federal school system.
16. Experience with programming funds for school improvement projects.
17. Experience with facilities management, staffing allocation and financial planning.
18. Experience with the preparation, submission, and administration of the annual operating budget.
19. Maintains sound management practices to control appropriation and expenditure of funds.