1. I am a Citizen of the United States. (Includes naturalized citizens)A. Yes
2. I am a graduate of a degree program in pharmacy from an approved college or university. The degree program must have been approved by the Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE), or prior to the establishment of ACPE, have been a member of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP). (Note: Graduates of a foreign pharmacy degree program or those who graduated from a U.S.-based non ACPE accredited degree program meet the educational requirement if their degree is found to be equivalent to degree programs recognized by the ACPE. This finding may be based on 1) A letter of acceptance into a United States graduate pharmacy program recognized by the ACPE; or 2) Written verification from the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination Commission; or 3) A letter from a United States college or university with a pharmacy degree program recognized by the ACPE stating that the individual's pharmacy degree has been evaluated and found to be equivalent its Bachelor of Pharmacy degree or higher.)A. Yes
3. I have a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice pharmacy in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (i.e. Puerto Rico), or District of Columbia.A. Yes
4. I am proficient in spoken and written English.A. Yes
Select the appropriate answer to each of the following questions based on your current level of education and/or experience.
5. I possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level which is directly related to the position for which I am applying? Specialized experience would be experience that demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of a specialized area of clinical pharmacy practice or specialty area of pharmacy; comprehensive knowledge of pharmaceutics, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, pharmacoeconomics, and pharmacotherapeutics; skill in monitoring and assessing outcome of drug therapies including physical assessment and interpretation of laboratory and other diagnostic parameters; knowledge of the design, conduct and interpretation of controlled clinical trials or other research related to health care; ability to communicate orally and in writing to persuade and influence clinical decisions; comprehensive knowledge of DEA, FDA, VA, the State (Territory of District of Columbia, if appropriate) TJC and other standards related to the distribution and control of scheduled and non-scheduled drugs to both inpatients and outpatients (including research and investigational drugs.)A. Yes
6. I have completed a 1 year post-Pharm.D. ASHP accredited residency?A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
7. Directs pharmacy staff, clinical specialists, pharmacists, pharmacy residents, technicians, administrative support staff, volunteers and undergraduate students.
8. Performs and/or delegates the entire range of personnel functions for the pharmacy service.
9. Establishes program goals and develops the operational plans, performance indicators and policies to achieve them.
Establishes and promotes an atmosphere of cooperation and integration of clinical/administrative roles.
Hears grievances and/or customer complaints and concerns, implementing appropriate action toward a timely solution.
Serves as a representative of the medical center pharmacy program through membership on various internal and external standing and ad hoc committees.
Interviews employee candidates and makes selections for vacancies.
Utilizes effective conflict resolution strategies.
Reports on drug usage in the facility and adverse effects to administration.
Prepares, maintains and distributes accurate reports of drug expenditures and utilization.
Prepares and justifies personnel, equipment and pharmaceutical budget and space requests consistent with patient and program priorities.
Provides for training and ongoing education of pharmacy personnel to assure maintenance of staff competencies.
Recommends appointments, advancements, promotions or disciplinary actions to the Pharmacist Professional Standards Board.
Assures compliance with accreditation standards, federal laws and VHA requirements governing control, security and distribution of all drugs prescribed for patient use.
Maintains a system of quality control for each section of the services, coordinated with the medical center’s risk management program.
Assures cost-effective systems for the timely procurement and maintenance of required pharmaceuticals and supplies.
Establishes, revises, and monitors adherence to the policies and procedures necessary to provide the safe and effective delivery of pharmaceutical services.
VERIFICATION STATEMENT: Your rating is subject to verification based on the resume, narratives and other relevant documents you submit, and through verification of references as appropriate. Deliberate attempts to falsify information are grounds for non-selection and for termination. In addition, falsifying information on your application can result in your being barred from federal employment. Please choose A to certify that your answers are accurate and complete.A. I certify that my answers are accurate and complete.