Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the choices below, please select the response that best describes your eligibility for this position.
Mark only one response for each question. Any experience claimed in response to the following questions MUST be supported by information in your application (resume, OF-612 or any other written format). This information must be SPECIFIC (i.e., duties, responsibilities, and accomplishments). Failure to provide this supporting documentation may result in receipt of a lower or ineligible rating.
2. From the descriptions below, choose the response that best describes the highest level of education and/or experience you have that demonstrates your ability to perform Landscape Architecture work at the GS-5 level. SELECT ONLY ONE LETTER. (Note: one year of specialized experience is based on a 40-hour work week, must have been equivalent to at least the next lower grade level of the advertised grade level and in the same or similar line of work. If you have worked less than 40 hours per week, you must prorate your experience).
3. From the descriptions below, choose the response that best describes the highest level of education and/or experience you have that demonstrates your ability to perform Landscape Architecture work at the GS-7 level. SELECT ONLY ONE LETTER. (Note: one year of specialized experience is based on a 40-hour work week, must have been equivalent to at least the next lower grade level of the advertised grade level and in the same or similar line of work. If you have worked less than 40 hours per week, you must prorate your experience).
Knowledge and understanding of standard landscape architectural and architectural drawings.
For each of the task statements below, please select from A through E to indicate the skill level that you possess for each task listed. The task statements were developed based on the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies needed to perform the work of this position. Your responses will be used to determine minimum eligibility and qualification requirements.
Be sure to describe your experience that supports your responses to the task statements below, in your resume or application materials. It is important that your application package submitted, including a resume or application form, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skills levels you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your application packet submitted for this position (application form or resume, transcripts, list and description of training completed and/or other items you submit). If not, your score will be lowered or you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or for firing you after you begin work.
4. Creates landscape architectural and/or architectural plan drawings.
5. Creates landscape architectural and/or architectural elevation drawings.
6. Creates landscape architectural and/or architectural section drawings.
7. Creates landscape architectural and/or architectural axonometric and perspective drawings.
Knowledge of computer-aided drafting (CAD) and related modeling or geographic software.
8. Prepares drawings using 2-dimensional AutoCAD drafting.
9. Uses layers and line weights in the preparation of AutoCAD drawings.
10. Uses blocks and x-refs in the preparation of AutoCAD drawings.
11. Uses paper space and plotting in the preparation of AutoCAD drawings.
12. Creates 3-dimensional models using AutoCAD.
13. Uses 3-dimensional laser scanning (high definition surveying).
14. Creates drawings in other CAD software(s).
15. Gathers, analyzes and interprets data using geographic information systems (GIS) software.
Graphic skills and ability to demonstrate level of competence in the following: a) hand lettering; b) freehand sketching; and c) general computer-aided drafting (CAD) and hand drafting
16. Writes legibly using architectural block lettering.
17. Prepares free hand sketches.
18. Uses hard line drafting (hand or CAD) to create standard landscape architectural and/or architectural drawings (plans, sections, elevations, and details).
Knowledge of Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS), Historic American Engineering Record (HAER), and/or Historic American Landscapes Survey (HALS) Standards and Guidelines for documentation, and experience in existing-condition documentation of landscapes, including plant identification and botanical terminology.
19. Applies knowledge of the history of American landscape architectural and/or architectural to classroom and/or professional projects.
20. Applies Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS), Historic American Engineering Record (HAER), and/or Historic American Landscapes Survey (HALS) standards and guidelines for documentation to classroom and/or professional situations.
21. Applies the principles of historic preservation to classroom and/or professional projects.
22. Produces existing condition documentation of landscapes and buildings (field notes and measured drawings).
23. Identifies plants with proper botanical terminology.
Ability to manage and lead documentation projects of landscape architectural, architectural and/or engineering sites.
24. Collaborates with others and works on teams to accomplish work-related activities.
25. Manages and leads documentation projects of landscape architectural, architectural, and/or engineering sites.
26. Reviews drawings for conformance to standards and guidelines.
27. Makes improvements, solves problems, or takes corrective action when problems arise.
28. Recommends actions for improvements or solutions to problems.
Do not overstate or understate your level of education/experience and demonstrated capability. As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency.
29. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: understand this warning, have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability. Failure to agree to this statement will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from consideration.