Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 15.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the description below, select the one answer which best describes your experience and meets the qualification requirements for the Associate Director, Counterintelligence, GS-1801-15.
Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled, and can be demonstrated through in planning, organizing, leading, controlling, overseeing, analyzing, and evaluating complex counterintelligence and cyber threat analysis program; strategic planning; communicating effectively both orally and in writing on security issues/matters; performing outreach/collaboration; developing and implementing policies on counterintelligence, cyber threat and security; and supervising and managing a subordinate staff.
No, I do not meet the one year of specialized experience required for the position as described above.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
2. Develops and implements defensive counterintelligence programs and integrates strategic information on insider or foreign threats into HHS policy and operational decisions.
3. Analyzes and reports on strategic information, including classified information, internet search strategies for open source data, and threat forecasting methods.
4. Oversees the flow of mission driven classified and unclassified strategic information on insider and foreign threats to HHS personnel, critical infrastructure, and IT systems, and coordinates the flow between other components of the Department.
5. Assures distribution of counterintelligence information occurs in a collaborative and cooperative manner.
6. Develops written documents of finished intelligence reports, public health data, internet-derived or other open source information, and health event modeling or forecasting information.
7. Utilizes a variety of strategic information, information synthesis, and presentation methods (written and verbal) to handle/disseminate classified information on insider and foreign threats to HHS personnel, critical infrastructure and IT systems.
8. Develops processes and procedures for horizon scanning to effectively scan unclassified and classified information for future threats and issues of relevance to HHS missions.
9. Receives, assesses, and evaluates products, reports, and other counterintelligence information received from the Intelligence Community (IC) and non-Title 50 agencies for applicability in the context of the various public health and science missions of the Department.
10. Interacts with members of the IC and non-Title 50 agencies to assure that HHS receives information pertinent to its missions in a timely manner.
11. Conveys pertinent aspects of HHS statutory and legal responsibilities related to counterintelligence, national security and homeland security.
12. Applies and interprets complex Federal laws, guidelines, regulations, directives, practices and procedures to ensure appropriate use of investigative authorities for counterintelligence and safe handling of intelligence and national security information.
13. Manages and provides liaison for the Department's engagement with the FBI and the Office of the National Counterintelligence Executive on counterintelligence and cyber threat related issues.
14. Develops and implements counterintelligence policies at the Department, Agency or large organization level and oversees the staffing of these policies to component organizations.
15. Manages the development and monitors the implementation of long-term, sustainable counterintelligence policies that are consistent with HHS mission requirements
16. Analyze complex issues and develops sound recommendations.
17. Takes initiative, leads and manages multi-faceted activities to assure an understanding of issues confronting HHS senior leadership and management.
18. Coordinates the flow of strategic national security-related information on insider and external threats to and from HHS personnel detailed or assigned to national security agencies, law enforcement organizations, and public safety agencies.
19. Maintains appropriate continuity of classified documents, securing materials that are utilized for analysis, created for distribution, or circulated to agencies.
20. Utilizes a variety of strategic information, information synthesis, and presentation methods (written and verbal) to handle/disseminate classified information.
21. Identifies, collects, and conveys pertinent, technical, and complex information and the context of that information.
22. Communicates effectively with various levels of technical, professional, and administrative personnel by preparing and conducting senior level presentations or facilitating major projects.
23. Identifies, transmits, and presents important and urgent classified and unclassified information on insider or external threats to the Department or national security to senior level officials in a clear, concise, and timely manner.
24. Oversees and manages the preparation and presentation of counterintelligence briefings, digests, and assessments.
25. Assesses the effectiveness of defensive counterintelligence programs that are related to programmatic activities across the Department.
26. Identifies problems that directly affect the accomplishment of program goals and objectives.
27. Initiates alternatives and corrective actions when resolving complex issues.
28. Evaluates and implements statutory requirements in relation to planning, implementing and evaluating insider threat and defensive counterintelligence programs.
29. Establishes annual, multi-year, long and short range work plans, and assures implementation of goals and objectives by subordinate staff.
30. Assigns and evaluates work performance of subordinate staff.
31. Provides direct oversight of contracts and determines whether contractor work meets standards for payments
32. Manages the division's budget, including preparing and presenting effective and timely budget requests and congressional justifications, providing cost and risk analysis, and managing day to day budget execution.