Read the definitions below to determine what options (001, 002, and/or 003) you are eligible to apply. Please check all that apply (you must select at least one to receive consideration).
001 All U.S. Citizens
002 Merit Promotion. This option includes current or former Federal service employees who serve under a competitive career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service, reinstatement eligibles, and VEOA eligibles (veterans with preference and veterans who have been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service).
003 Noncompetitive. This option includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA) (for positions up to the GS-11 Federal level), Military Spouse Non-Competitive Hiring Authority, and persons with disabilities. This also includes applicants who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal competitive position at the full performance grade level for this position.
1. Please indicate your eligibility to apply under Merit Promotion procedures.A. I am a current or former civilian federal employee in the competitive service who has career or career-conditional status or reinstatement eligibility or am eligible under an interchange agreement. To receive consideration, you must submit a copy of your SF-50 Notification of Personnel Action that supports this claim. Do not submit a time off or cash award SF-50.
2. Please indicate your eligibility to apply under non-competitive merit promotion procedures.A. I am a current or former civilian Federal employee who has held a permanent position in the competitive service with the same or higher promotion potential as this position or am eligible under an interchange agreement. You must submit a copy of your latest SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action.
PLEASE BE SURE TO DESCRIBE YOUR EXPERIENCE IN YOUR RESUME THAT SUPPORTS YOUR RESPONSES TO THE QUESTIONS BELOW. It is important that your submitted application package clearly shows that you possess the experience and skill levels that you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your resume for this position. If not, your rating score will be adjusted or your application will be determined not qualified. The information you provide will be verified.
3. From the descriptions below, select the letter corresponding to the statement that best describes your background related to this Personnel Security Specialist position, GS-301-9, position.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-7 grade level in the Federal service in personnel security clearances to determine the eligibility of personnel for access to classified information or material and for suitability for employment.
Choose the answer for each task statement from the list below that best describes your experience as it relates to the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform this Personnel Security Specialist position. Please select only one letter.
4. Prepares, reviews, and evaluates Reports of Investigation (ROI) and other data to determine if current employees, potential employees and other designated personnel meet security standards for suitability of employment.
5. Reviews Reports of Investigation (ROI) and other data to determine if current employees, potential employees and other designated personnel meet security standards in order to have access to classified information consistent with national security.
6. Evaluates Reports of Investigation (ROI) and makes security determinations regarding the granting of security clearance at an applicable level.
7. Assists in administration and issuance of clearance authorizations for personnel to have access to classified information or material, domestic or foreign.
8. Processes clearance applications for access to classified information into investigative channels.
9. Ensures that personnel security clearance requests are screened to assure all information is complete and if not, requests any missing information by letter or by a computer generated message.
10. Ensures that the security process is initiated when all essential information is available for the prescribed investigation (i.e., based upon the level of clearance needed and position sensitivity designation).
11. Serves as a Case Control Officer in determining adjudication requirements, investigative criteria and basis for approval or denial of a clearance or access.
12. Provides recommendations regarding eligibility for waivers of pre-employment investigative requirements for a "sensitive" position.
13. Develops basic security plans and policies for the organization, which involves coordinating with other senior management with the organization and other counterparts outside of the organization in security and intelligence communities.
14. Communicates the organization's security plans and policies with employees (current and future) and others in order to discuss, negotiate, and resolve problems and areas of concern in security matters.
Please indicate the training or experience that you have with the following legislation, regulations and Executive Orders as they relate to personnel security.
15. Works with Executive Orders (EO) including those for Security requirements for government employment.
16. Has access to Classified Information and Classified National Security Information.
17. Executive Order (EO) 13526, Classified National Security Information
18. Familiarity with Department of Homeland Security Management Directive System MD number 11050 and Intelligence Community Directive regarding personnel security.
19. Personnel Security Standards and Procedures Governing Eligibility for Sensitive Compartmented Information.
Please choose the best answer that describes your training or experience that you have with the following.
20. Security requirements needed for employment in a Special Sensitive positions, Critical Sensitive positions and Public Trust positions.
21. Investigation types which include National Agency Check (NAC), National Agency Check with Inquiry (NACI), National Agency Check with Law and Credit (NACLC), ACCESS National Agency Check with Inquiry (ANACI).
22. Investigation types which include Minimum Background Investigation (MBI), Limited Background Investigation (LBI), Background Investigation (BI), Single Scope Background Investigation-Periodic Reinvestigation (SSBI-PR), Periodic Reinvestigation (PRI), Periodic Reinvestigation Residence (PRIR).
23. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001), my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 CFR part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "NO" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.