1. Please indicate your eligibility to apply under Merit Promotion Procedures.A. I am a current or former civilian Federal employee in the competitive service who has: career or career-conditional status, reinstatement eligibility, or eligibility under an interchange agreement. You are encouraged to submit a copy of your latest SF-50 Notification of Personnel Action showing time-in-grade (52 weeks at the next lower grade).
Please indicate your eligibility to apply noncompetitively.A. I am a current or former civilian Federal employee who has held a permanent position in the competitive service with the same or higher promotion potential as this position or am eligible under an interchange agreement. You are encouraged to submit a copy of your latest SF-50 Notification of Personnel Action.
BASIC QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
THE RESUME YOU SUBMIT FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST SUPPORT THE ANSWER YOU CLAIM UNDER THIS AND OTHER QUESTIONS. IF NOT, YOU WILL BE FOUND NOT QUALIFIED OR YOUR SCORE WILL BE LOWERED.
3. From the responses below, select the one that BEST describes your experience that allows you to meet the qualification requirements of this position at the GS-13 grade level.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service. My experience includes providing policy guidance, interpretation and advice to operational acquisition activities such as FAR, financial management, budgeting, FPRA and procurement professionalism.
4. From the responses below, select the one that BEST describes your experience that allows you to meet the qualification requirements of this position at the GS-14 grade level.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. My experience includes writing and implementing policy on operational acquisition activities such as FAR, financial management, budgeting, and procurement professionalism.
5. Please select the option below that best describes your educational/experience level for this position.A. I have a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree, that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
6. Please select the option below that best describes your experience level for this position.A. I have at least 4-years experience in contracting or related positions.
Knowledge of Federal acquisition laws, regulations, principles, policies and procedures.
From the following items, choose the ONE statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. If marked 'NARRATIVE,' please provide a narrative statement addressing the question, please do not cut and paste your resume.
Be sure to describe the experience that supports your responses to the task statements below in your resume. It is important that your application package submitted, including a resume or application form, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skills levels you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your resume submitted for this position. If not, your score will be lowered or you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or firing you after you begin work.
7. Reviews, interprets, and applies the Federal Acquisition Regulation, Agency supplemental acquisition regulation, and related Government acquisition statutory guidance and overarching procedures.
8. Reviews revisions and major changes to existing Federal laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, as part of normal duties and responsibilities.
9. Uses various Federal internet sites to research existing and proposed acquisition laws, regulations, policies, and procedures to remain up-to-date and knowledgeable about the acquisition process.
Skill or ability in developing acquisition policies.
10. Develops acquisition policies, procedures, and practices.
11. Prepare draft and/or final written acquisition policies, procedures, and practices for Agency acquisition personnel.
Skill or ability in analyzing proposed legislation and enacted acquisition statutes to determine impact on the Agency.
12. Analyze proposed acquisition legislation and summarize requirements under existing acquisition laws for management either in writing or verbally.
13. Draft acquisition legislation on behalf of the Agency.
Skill or ability in the review and analysis of complex solicitations, contracts, and other acquisition documents to ensure compliance with existing regulation, policy, and procedural guidance.
14. Review and analysis of proposed solicitations, source selection plans, statements of work, and other pre-award acquisition documents.
15. Analyze complex, unique, and high level contracting policy issues of significance to the Agency.
16. Conducts or participates in acquisition studies, audits, or other oversight activities.
17. Prepares or participates in the preparation of reports of facts, findings, and recommendations of studies, audits, and reviews of operation functions and policy programs.
Skill or ability in regularly advising acquisition managers on issues and matters relating to pre- and post-award contracting issues.
18. Advises acquisition managers and workforce on issues and matters relating to pre- and post-award contracting issues.
19. Serves as an Agency representative on cross-functional or interagency task forces, committees, and other Federal government or private sector working groups to keep the acquisition staff abreast of emerging acquisition policies and procedures.
20. Manages an acquisition policy program.