1. Please indicate your eligibility to apply under Merit Promotion Procedures.A. I am a current or former civilian Federal employee in the competitive service who has: career or career-conditional status, reinstatement eligibility, or eligibility under an interchange agreement. You are encouraged to submit a copy of your latest SF-50 Notification of Personnel Action showing time-in-grade (52 weeks at the next lower grade).
2. Please indicate your eligibility to apply noncompetitively.A. I am a current or former civilian Federal employee who has held a permanent position in the competitive service with the same or higher promotion potential as this position or am eligible under an interchange agreement. You are encouraged to submit a copy of your latest SF-50 Notification of Personnel Action.
THE RESUME YOU SUBMIT FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST SUPPORT THE ANSWER YOU CLAIM UNDER THIS AND OTHER QUESTIONS. IF NOT, YOU WILL BE FOUND NOT QUALIFIED OR YOUR SCORE WILL BE LOWERED.
3. From the responses below, select the one that BEST describes your experience that allows you to meet the qualification requirements of this position at the GS-09 grade level.A. One full year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-07 level in the Federal service providing operational intergovernmental support of constituency outreach and communication activities.
4. From the responses below, select the one that BEST describes your experience that allows you to meet the qualification requirements of this position at the GS-11 grade level.A. One full year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-09 level in the Federal service coordinating and planning communication and outreach intergovernmental programs with elected officials and key personnel of state, local, tribal, or territorial government or organizations.
From the following items, choose the ONE statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Be sure to describe the experience that supports your responses to the task statements below in your resume. It is important that your application package submitted, including a resume or application form, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skill levels you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your resume submitted for this position. If not, your score will be lowered or you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or firing you after you begin work.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
5. Serve as a liaison with Federal, State, tribal and local officials, both elected and appointed, on intergovernmental affairs issues as they relate to emergency management.
6. Support relationships with local, state and federal entities, including elected officials and their respective staff at all levels.
7. Establish government-to-government communication structures for use in both emergency and non-emergency situations.
8. Organize and actively participate in meetings, conference calls and presentations with community non-governmental and advocacy organizations to facilitate information exchanges in support of emergency management programs.
9. Use communications tools, techniques and protocols including capability to reach and maintain regular contact with targeted constituency groups.
10. Assist with meeting and conference planning actions to include the development of agendas, determines locations, oversees logistical needs, and prepares briefing materials in support of constituency outreach.
11. Establish processes to support intergovernmental outreach efforts such as implementing tracking systems, maintaining contact databases, and developing communication protocols and systems to facilitate communications with federal, state, local, tribal and/or territorial disaster officials
12. Research, draft and edit a wide variety of written products to include correspondence, reports, standard procedures, and briefing materials for senior management targeted for external stakeholders to include Congressional members, elected state, local and tribal officials, and private sector officials.
13. Review routing packages and corresponding materials, to include written summaries, correspondence, and justifications for External Affairs programs and policy, for senior management approval.
14. Draft instructional materials and other beneficial information designed to guide stakeholders in developing their own emergency management policies, procedures, protocols, and operating practices
15. Brief management on intergovernmental issues with regional, state, and national government organizations
16. Gather data, consolidate data and draft written materials on behalf of and with limited editing from management officials.
17. Provide briefings to program staff on intergovernmental affairs processes to convey leadership priorities and preferences.
18. Assist with preparation of written materials or talking points and make oral presentations on program topics.