The following sections include items related to the basic qualifications for this vacancy. Please respond to each question by selecting "Yes" or "No."A- Yes
1. Are you a citizen or national of the United States of America?
2. Are you a graduate of a degree program in pharmacy from an approved college or university approved by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE), or prior to the establishment of ACPE, have been a member of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP)? Graduates of foreign pharmacy degree programs or those who graduated from a U.S.-based non-ACPE accredited degree program meet the educational requirement if their degree is found to be equivalent to degree programs recognized by the ACPE. This finding may be based on any of the following: (a) A letter of acceptance into a United States graduate pharmacy program recognized by the ACPE. (b) Written certification from the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination Commission, 700 Busse Highway, Park Ridge, IL 60068, Phone (847) 698-6227, that the individual has successfully passed the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination. (c) A letter from a United States college or university with a pharmacy degree program recognized by ACPE stating that the individual's pharmacy degree has been evaluated and found to be equivalent to its Bachelor of Pharmacy degree or higher.
3. Do you possess a current, full, active and unrestricted license to practice pharmacy in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (i.e., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia?
4. Are you proficient in spoken and written English?
The following items are related to the grade requirements (GS-14) for this vacancy. Please select the ONE response that BEST describes your education or experience. You may only select one response for each item. If you feel that your education exceeds all of the descriptions, choose the description that is the closest to the level of education/experience you possess.
5. Select the response that best reflects your highest level of Pharmacy ExperienceA. Completion of the equivalent of 1 year of creditable experience at the next lower grade level which is directly related to the position to be filled or an advanced degree in a health care related field (e.g., MSHA, MBA, MPH, etc.). OR I possess a Board Certification recognized by the American Pharmaceutical Association's Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties, or the American Society of Consultant Pharmacists (or equivalent). OR I have completed two years post Pharm D. fellowship in a clinical or specialized program
Certification of Understanding - Select the appropriate answer to the statement below. Failure to provide an answer will result in your not being considered for this position.
6. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I understand the information provided above and certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith.
The following questions pertain to your experience. In additional to meeting the basic requirement, pharmacists assigned to this position must demonstrate an ability to manage people and/or programs and the knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics necessary to satisfactorily complete duties such as; development of performance standards and performance evaluations; assigning duties; recommendations for appointment, awards, advancement, and when appropriate, disciplinary action; identification of continuing education and training needs; etc. You must also be able to assess, plan and evaluate the pharmacy programs to ensure proper coordination between the delivery of pharmacy services and the overall delivery of health care; make decisions which serve to enhance the distinctive and contributory role of pharmacists within the local institution and the total health care system; accepting substantial and continuing responsibility and accountability for planning, organizing, coordinating and controlling a complex inpatient/outpatient pharmacy program; participating in long range program planning and model development for effective delivery of inpatient/outpatient pharmacy services and assuring implementation, maintenance and compliance with standards of professional practice.
For the following items, choose the ONE statement from the list below that best describes your knowledge, skill, and ability. Please select only one letter for each item.
7. Ability to Utilize negotiation skills to influence clinical and management decisions.
8. Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing regarding complex clinical and technical issues.
9. Skill in utilizing regulatory and quality standards to develop and implement operational programs.
10. Skill in managing multiple and diverse people/programs.
11. Skill in utilizing available resources to support the missions and goals of the organization.
12. Skill in planning, organizing, and directing the functions and staff of an organization.
13. Skill to manage people and/or programs.
The following items are related to the grade requirements (GS-15) for this vacancy. Please select the ONE response that BEST describes your education or experience. You may only select one response for each item. If you feel that your education exceeds all of the descriptions, choose the description that is the closest to the level of education/experience you possess.
14. Skill in persuading others and gaining cooperation to accomplish goals. Understands and keeps up to date on local, national, and international policies and trends that affect the organization and influences stakeholders' views.
Ability to effectively communicate orally regarding complex clinical and technical issues.
16. Ability to effectively communicate in writing regarding complex clinical and technical issues.
17. Skill in leading and managing multiple and diverse people or programs. Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the organization.
18. Ability to manage human, financial and information resources strategically.
19. Ability to plan, organize, and direct the functions and staff of a large size organization or a complex pharmacy operation, or a complex medical facility.
20. Ability to deal effectively with pressure;remain optimistic and persist even under adversity.