Social Science Program Specialist (Victim Witness Assistance)
Vacancy ID: 629643 Announcement Number: DAL-INV-629643-DEU-WM USAJOBS Control Number: 312489100Social Security Number
Vacancy Identification Number
Title of Job
Social Science Program Specialist (Victim Witness Assistance)
Are you a citizen of the United States?
Veteran Preference Claim
Dates of Active Duty - Military Service
001 Social Science Program Specialist (Victim Assistance)
147 Buffalo, NY
Transition Assistance Plan
The following questions require a response. If you do not respond, your application will be considered incomplete and you will not receive further consideration.
The following questions will only be used to determine whether or not you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. You may wish to consult the vacancy announcement for a description of those requirements.
1. Which of the following statements best describes your experience?A. I have at least one year of experience in the Social Science Field, GS-0101-12 (or higher grade level), with the federal government. (Note: If you select this statement, you meet the qualifications for this position and should proceed to the next question.)
B. I have experience that shows knowledge of the Federal criminal justice system, procedures of law enforcement agencies as they relate to treatment and handling of federal victims of crime, knowledge of statutes, policies, and procedures for federal victim assistance programs.
C. I do not possess the experience described above.
If you chose response B in the previous question, you must provide the title and dates of employment referenced in your resume that demonstrates this experience. If you chose any other response, indicate "not applicable."
2. Do you have specialized experience in this field?
A HIGH DEGREE OF SPECIALIZED PROFESSIONAL VICTIM ASSISTANCE EXPERTISE IS REQUIRED.
ALL ANSWERS WILL REQUIRE YOU TO WRITE A NARRATIVE TELLING HOW YOU HAVE THIS EXPEREINCE. A. Yes, I do possess this experience.
B. No, I do not possess this experience.
If you did answer "A" to the question you must write a narrative giving details of the experience/duties, also state where you worked, for how long, and the name of your supervisor.
The following questions will be used to rate applicants who meet the minimum eligibility and qualification requirements.
3. Select the choice which best describes your knowledge of the federal criminal justice system, legislation, policy and procedures as they relate to victims of federal crime.A. I have substantial knowledge and experience concerning legislation, issues and procedures regarding the federal criminal justice system and victim assistance; comprehensive knowledge of the Attorney General Guidelines for Victim and Witness Assistance; and knowledge and experience with other federal victim's laws. Having at least three five years experience in relevant programs, with at least 3 years working at a senior level in programs relating to victims of federal crime and could be viewed as a subject matter expert.
B. Knowledge and experience in areas of the social service and Federal criminal justice field; working three years in a statewide or national scope victims program.
C. Some knowledge and experience in areas of the social service and Federal Criminal justice field with at least one-year working in a statewide or national scope victims program.
D. I have the educational background and some working experience in related social services fields and some experience with victims of federal crime.
4. Select the statement that best describes your knowledge of crisis intervention, victim assistance and social service theories, direct services for victims, and the availability of victim assistance services.A. I have a strong knowledge of crisis intervention methods and experience in crises intervention situations. I have experience with the unique issues involving child victims. I have implemented changes that resulted in improvements for victims.
B. I have knowledge of crisis intervention techniques. I am knowledgeable of services available to federal victims for federal state, and social service organizations. I have identified crises situations and taken action to resolve.
C. I have some knowledge of crisis intervention techniques and available victim assistant organizations. I have recognized problem situations with victims and resolved the problem.
D. I have a very limited knowledge or experience of crisis intervention techniques.
5. Select the statement that best described your ability to plan, develop, implement, and monitor victim assistance programs and various training projects.A. I have the exceptional ability to independently develop, implement, and monitor comprehensive victim assistance programs. This is demonstrated through evidence that demonstrates conceptualizing, authoring, or overseeing programs at the federal level, or through the planning, design, and implementation at the state level or in non-profit agencies.
B. I have the ability to develop, implement and monitor a victim assistance program. I have served as a co-planner or manager for programs developed for federal criminal justice personnel.
C. I have some ability and experience at developing victim programs and training.
D. I have very limited experience in planning, and developing victim assistance programs and training programs.
6. Indicate the level of your skill in applying fact finding, analytical, and problem solving techniques.A. I analyze and apply a variety of data to support conclusions to complex victim assistance issues, and I have experience in formulating plans for a variety of assignments.
B. I am responsible for formulating plans for a limited number of components or a major jurisdictional component on a limited range of matters. I have some knowledge of federal interagency agreements including reporting and financial requirements. I plan for studies, projects or courses of actions which are somewhat more complex that routine.
C. I compile, analyze and evaluate data to support conclusions or for consideration of alternatives. I plan projects or courses of actins that are routine in nature.
D. My background shows very little experience in this area and limited knowledge of interagency agreements.
7. Select the statement that best describes your ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.A. I have extensive experience communicating orally and in writing with large numbers of criminal justice, social service, non-governmental agencies and organization and members of the public. Written communications range from standard program related correspondence, to analysis and reviews, technical or concept papers, progress reports, training materials and reports.
B. I have substantial experience communicating orally and in writing with criminal justice, social service, non-governmental agencies and organization and members of the public. Written communications range from standard program related correspondence, to analysis and review, concept papers and progress reports. I have experience representing the office at conferences, meetings, and victim assistance workshops.
C. I have some experience in both written and oral communication with officials from criminal justice, social service, non-governmental agencies and organizations and members of the public. Communications are routine with some outside agencies.
D. I have experience preparing routine communications that convey basic ideas. My written work requires approval and review by supervisor and oral communications involve routine responsibilities.
8. Indicate the level of your ability to establish and maintain liaison.A. I have experience of working effectively with people in a variety of positions and levels. I have represented the organization/agency in high level meetings, seminars, and/or conferences with federal, state, and other criminal justice entities through presentations and speeches. I have worked with multiple federal agencies at the national level.
B. I have experience in situations where exchange of information and ideas among peer group or individuals was accomplished. I have maintained contact with personnel to solve or speak on specific problems. I maintained a liaison with multiple federal agencies at the field office level.
C. I have experience working effectively with people in a variety of positions and levels. I have maintained effective and productive liaison with other agency representatives.
D. I have experience working with others on routine problems or seeking information to resolve a specific issue.