Have you received any Voluntary Separation Incentive Payment (VSIP) from the Federal Government within the last 5 years?
OCCUPATIONAL QUESTIONS - Mark only 1 response for each question.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND WORK EXPERIENCE
This section asks you to describe your educational background, your work, and other experiences in specific factors which relate to job performance. ALL QUESTIONS MUST BE ANSWERED. Record your answers in Section 25.
1. Enter 'A' for this response.A. This is the correct response.
2. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and/or education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for the Information Technology Specialist . Make sure your resume supports your response that you select.A. I have experience demonstrating each of the four competencies: Attention to Detail, Customer Service, Oral Communication, and Problem Solving, AND one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector such as: Implementing, maintaining and performing systems adminsitration for automated systems; coordinting with systems developer, information security personnel and other IT support to ensure all technical requirements are meet; monitoring security systems to correct security vulnerabilities and recover data in the event of hardware or software failure.
3. Please respond "A" for this question.A. This is the correct response.
4. Please respond "A" for this question.A. This is the correct response.
5. Please respond "A" for this question.A. This is the correct response.
The following questions ask you to describe your educational background, your work, and other experiences in specific areas which relate to successful job performance.
You are to choose one answer to each question from among the alternatives presented. Then, record your answers in Section 25 on OPM Form 1203-FX beginning at Item 6. Do not mark more than one answer for each question. Multiple answers will not be counted. Do not omit answers unless instructed to do so. Other omissions may decrease your score.
1. During high school (grades 9 - 12), I made the semester honor roll:
2. The high school grade I most often received was:
IF YOU DID NOT ATTEND COLLEGE, PLEASE SKIP TO ITEM 9.
3. The college grade I most often received was:
4. In the past three years the number of different paying jobs I have held for more than two weeks is:A. 7 or more
5. I have been employed in work similar to that of the job covered by this examination:A. never employed in a similar job
6. In the past three years, my primary work experience has been in:A. professional or administrative occupations
7. On my present or most recent job, my supervisor rated me as:
8. In the past three years the number of jobs I have been fired from is:
9. The number of civic or social organizations (which have regular meetings and a defined membership) that I belong to is:A. none
10. In organizations to which I belong, my participation is best described as:A. do not belong to any organizations
11. My previous supervisors (or teachers if not previously employed) would most likely describe my basic math skills as:A. superior
The questions in this part relate to fundamental competencies, such as problem solving, that are required for the job for which you are applying.
Please answer each question "A" for YES or "B" for NO.
Keep in mind the following:
1) Some questions refer to “work” experience. Unless otherwise stated, this includes experience you have gained through:
· Volunteer work,
· Military service,
· Paid employment,
· Hobbies, or
· Professional, charitable, religious, community, social, or other organizations.
12. Have you participated in training classes, workshops, or seminars outside of school that helped you improve your computer skills?
13. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved answering questions, demonstrating a product or service, or providing assistance to customers, clients, or the public?
14. Have you successfully done work that regularly required you to lead or facilitate briefings, meetings, or conferences, or formally present technical or other complex information to others?
15. Have you successfully done work, not including computer programming classes, that regularly involved writing or debugging computer programs?
16. Have you designed an innovative system or procedure that was implemented by your organization and adopted as a model by other organizations?
17. Have you successfully developed an automated system that improved accuracy, efficiency, or productivity?
18. Have you often been asked to proofread or edit the writing of others for content, punctuation, spelling, and grammar?
19. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved manipulating data in a computer database (for example, importing, exporting, merging, updating, sorting data, etc.)?
20. Have you suggested or developed an innovative strategy that increased participation in a group or program?
21. Have you received favorable feedback for oral presentations you have given to management or other officials, or to the public (for example, for speaking at religious services, performing in theatrical productions, etc.)?
22. Have you successfully done work, not including computer applications classes, that regularly involved using word processing software to create, edit, and format documents or correspondence?
23. Have you taught yourself skills that improved your performance in school or at work (for example, taught yourself typing, computer skills, a foreign language, etc.)?
24. Have you successfully planned or monitored a large-scale project or program that involved several steps that were carried out over an extended period of time?
25. Have you successfully done work that required extensive on-the-job training?
26. Have you worked on several major assignments or projects at the same time with minimal supervision and completed the work on time or ahead of schedule?
27. Have you successfully done work that required you to keep enough cash on hand or maintain an adequate stock of supplies, equipment, or merchandise?
28. Have you successfully learned a hobby or leisure activity requiring extensive study or use of complex directions (for example, constructing stereo or computer systems, making stained glass objects, etc.)?
29. In high school, did you have an overall grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale, belong to an honor society, or graduate with honors?
30. Have you willingly changed routine tasks to accommodate new systems, policies, or procedures (for example, changed to a new filing system, computer system, financial record-keeping system, etc.)?
31. Have you suggested or designed a program that improved the quality of a product or service (for example, an employee suggestion program, customer satisfaction tracking program, etc.)?
32. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved conducting quality checks or following up with customers or clients to ensure satisfaction with a product or service?
33. Have you willingly rearranged many of your priorities and much of your schedule to accommodate a major, planned change that had a long-term impact on you (for example, worked overtime for several months to implement a new system on schedule, had extensive renovations done on your house that required you to live elsewhere, etc.)?
34. Have you readily rearranged many of your priorities and much of your schedule to accommodate an unplanned change that had a short-term impact on you (for example, took on additional work for a co-worker who was absent due to a minor illness, rescheduled all final examinations due to a death in the family, etc.)?
35. Have you participated in training classes, workshops, or seminars outside of school that helped you improve your customer service skills?
36. Have you successfully done work that regularly required you to modify plans to accommodate unexpected assignments or to respond to changing workloads, priorities, or deadlines?
37. Have you devised a strategy to overcome a major setback that successfully enabled you to complete a project on time or within budget?
38. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved relaying messages to co-workers, or providing information or giving simple instructions to customers or the public, either in person or by telephone (for example, worked as a receptionist, dispatcher, etc.)?
39. Have you successfully done work that regularly required you to determine resource requirements or monitor the use of resources (for example, staff, space, equipment, supplies, materials, etc.)?
40. Have you done work that involved writing brochures, press releases, or speeches?
41. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved informally providing oral explanations of technical information or other complex information, such as regulations, policies, or procedures?
42. Have you learned a hobby or leisure activity well enough that you have been asked to do it for others on a voluntary basis?
43. Have you successfully coordinated work, school, and/or family responsibilities under especially difficult circumstances (for example, you and your spouse worked full time while raising young children, you went to school full time and worked more than 20 hours per week, you worked full time while caring for an elderly parent, etc.)?
44. Have you successfully completed a highly structured, formal training program, not including an apprenticeship for a trade or craft, that required you to learn a complex body of information (for example, training for jobs in insurance, law enforcement, real estate, etc.)?
45. Have you written procedures or instructions that others have followed successfully (for example, instruction manuals, survey instructions, training materials, etc.)?
46. Have you successfully completed a long-term project outside of work where you were solely responsible for doing the work (for example, completed a thesis, wrote a book that was published, prepared a horse for competition that won a ribbon, restored an antique car, etc.)?
47. Have you successfully worked in a newly created organization that was still in the process of establishing its policies and procedures?
48. Have you successfully planned an event such as a conference, fund-raiser, etc.?
49. Have you successfully done work that often required you to accommodate last minute requests from customers or clients or to provide quality service in situations where timeliness is critical (for example, worked as a courier or travel agent, worked in newspaper publishing, etc.)?
50. Have you successfully done work, not including computer applications classes, that regularly involved using graphics software to create and edit charts, tables, or graphs?
51. Have you successfully created computerized databases to organize information?
52. Have you proposed a creative idea, system, or procedure that benefited a group or organization?
53. Have you participated in training classes, workshops, or seminars outside of school that helped you improve your self-management skills (for example, time management, goal setting, career development, etc.)?
54. Have you successfully completed a large-scale project (lasting several months or longer) on or ahead of schedule with minimal supervision?
55. Have you participated in training classes, workshops, or seminars outside of school that improved your performance at work?
56. Have you been requested to take on additional responsibilities because of your ability to manage your own work effectively?
57. Have you identified and solved a problem with a procedure, product, or service that benefited the organization (for example, saved the organization time or money, increased sales, reduced errors, etc.)?
58. Have you designed a tool or device that helped you perform your work more effectively?
59. Have you successfully dealt with a disruption to regular operations in a way that allowed for completion of the work or continuation of a noncritical service?
60. Have you readily rearranged virtually all of your priorities and much of your schedule to accommodate a sudden major change, problem, or setback that had a relatively long-term impact on you (for example, assumed the duties of another staff member who quit unexpectedly, took in an elderly parent who suddenly became ill, etc.)?
61. Have you developed a formal mechanism to learn more about a problem (for example, developed a survey, conducted interviews or focus groups, etc.)?
62. Have you successfully done work that regularly required you to respond or react quickly in emergency situations (for example, combat duty, firefighting, rescue work, police work, natural disaster relief, etc.)?
63. Have you successfully done work that involved writing technical or legal reports, or translating technical or other complex material into language that was more easily understood?
64. Have you suggested or designed an innovative procedure for tracking information or expenses that improved the accuracy, efficiency, or accessibility of the information?
65. Have you successfully done work that only occasionally required you to present information at briefings, meetings, conferences, or hearings?
66. Have you successfully written reports that presented facts, findings, logical conclusions, and persuasive arguments (for example, wrote a thesis, briefing papers, policy papers, complex research papers, etc.)?
67. Have you received formal recognition for providing good service to customers or clients (for example, received an award, a letter of commendation, an excellent performance appraisal rating, etc.)?
68. Have you successfully planned activities for nonwork groups (for example, athletic teams, professional associations, religious groups, etc.)?
69. Have you received favorable feedback about your ability to provide oral instructions or on-the-job training to others, or about your ability to instruct or coach others in athletic, leisure, or community activities?
70. Have you successfully done work where one of your primary responsibilities was to solve customer problems (for example, provided support services for customers with software problems)?
71. Have you successfully worked closely with a client over an extended period of time to complete a project or resolve a problem?
72. Have you learned a hobby or leisure activity well enough that others have paid you to do it?
73. Have you successfully done paid work that regularly involved troubleshooting and resolving problems with equipment or systems (for example, appliances, vehicles, machinery, computer or electrical systems, etc.)?
74. Have you received formal recognition based on your creativity (for example, received an award, a letter of recognition, etc.)?
75. Have you successfully designed or developed innovative ways of gathering information that had not been used before in your organization (for example, developed a new form for recording patient history, used focus groups to get customer feedback, etc.)?
76. Have you designed or developed something, on your own initiative, to help you or other employees better complete assignments (for example, designed a training manual)?
77. Have you received formal recognition for your written work (for example, received an award, letter of commendation, excellent performance appraisal rating, etc.)?
78. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved verifying the accuracy of information or the relevance of information to a problem or a situation (for example, investigative work)?
79. Have you successfully done work that frequently required you to present nontechnical information at briefings, meetings, conferences, or hearings?
80. Have you done work where regularly you were responsible for dealing with disruptions that impacted a group of people (for example, rowdy behavior at a public pool, weather changes at a camp, altercations in a prison, etc.)?
81. Have you suggested or made changes to products or procedures that resulted in better meeting customer needs?
82. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved composing letters or writing reports containing several short paragraphs, such as investigation reports, accident reports, performance evaluations, etc.?