Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 05.
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you a United States Citizen or National, who is at least 16 years old?A. Yes
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment under the Delegated Examining or Direct Hire Authority in the Indian Health Service. Please respond "Yes" or "No" to the following statements. Do not leave any section blank.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment under the Delegated Examining or Direct Hire Authority in the Indian Health Service. Please respond "Yes" or "No" to the following statements. Do not leave any section blank. NOTE: You must submit the required documentation to verify eligibility as indicated below. Failure to provide documents will render you not eligible for the consideration. See instructions undert the "How to Apply" tab for submitting documentation.A- Yes.
2. Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification? (You must submit a properly completed and signed copy of the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) Form BIA-4432, "Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs and the Indian Health Service," for employees claiming Indian preference.)
3. Are you an Indian Health Service scholarship recipient who has completed the necessary requirements for an approved health profession degree in accordance with your academic institution and under the Indian Health Care Improvement Act (IHCIA)? (You will receive highest priority placement consideration for available vacancies within the IHS).
4. Are you a former competitive service employee who was separated by a Reduction in Force (RIF) to be considered eligible as a Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or an Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP) applicant or placed on the agencies Reemployment Priority List (RPL) based on a RIF or separated because of work related injuries? (You must submit the appropriate supporting documentation).
Thank you for your interest in this Nurse Specialist (Operating Room) position with the Indian Health Service.
We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
SECTION I. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND FACTORS.
SECTION I. BASIC REQUIREMENTS AND FACTORS.
1. BASIC REQUIREMENT In order to qualify for this position, you must meet the Basic Requirements for a nurse position. Select the response that most closely and accurately describes your background which demonstrates how you meet the registration requirements.A. I have an active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. (Must submit current registration)
2. Minimum Qualifications GS-05: From the descriptions below, select the response that best describes your experience which demonstrates your ability to perform the work of this position at the GS-05.
3. Minimum Qualifications GS-07: From the descriptions below, select the response that best describes your experience which demonstrates your ability to perform the work of this position at the GS-07. Select only one response and do not leave blank.
4. Minimum Qualifications GS-09: From the descriptions below, select the response that best describes your experience which demonstrates your ability to perform the work of this position at the GS-09.
5. Minimum Qualifications GS-10: From the descriptions below, select the response that best describes your experience which demonstrates your ability to perform the work of this position at the GS-10.A. I have 2½ full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to completion of the requirements for a doctoral degree (Ph.D or equivalent) OR 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-9 level in the Federal service performing work that equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of this position as described in the vacancy announcement.
This position requires a nursing license before entering on duty.
6. I will have a current, valid, active, unrestricted license in any State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States before entering on duty?A. Yes
For each task, select the statement from the list below (A-E) that best describes your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
7. Provide peri-operative nursing care during surgical operations as the scrub or in the circulating role.
8. Takes the patient's vital signs such as weight, temperature and blood pressure.
9. Explains any discharge instructions to the family and patient, and prepares them to take over care at home.
10. Administers medication and injections as directed by the attending physician.
11. Knowledge and experience in the care of day surgery patients.
12. Served as a Charge Nurse or Team Leader in the Operating Room.
For each nursing procedure, select the statement from the list below (A-E) that best describes your experience and/or training.
13. Assisting with endotrachial intubations in the Operating Room.
14. Positioning patient in the Operating Room.
15. Assisting with central line placement in the Operating Room.
16. Operating a Sterrad and/or flash autoclave in the Operating Room.
17. Performing cardiac monitoring in the Operating Room.
18. Using rapid fluid warmers/infusers or other patient warming devices in the Operating Room to prevent Hypothermia.
19. Using defibrillators in the Operating Room for emergency procedures/code situations.
20. Assembling and operating a fracture table in the Operating Room.
21. Assisting in placing and interpreting fetal monitor devices in the Operating Room.
22. Perform emergency C-sections in the Operating Room.
23. Perform preoperative teaching in the Operating Room.
Select Yes or No to questions 21-31 to indicate your experience in the following types of assessments.A- Yes
24. I have experience performing head to toe patient assessments.
25. I have experience performing cultural patient assessments.
26. I have experience performing emotional patient assessments.
27. I have experience performing psychosocial patient assessments.
28. I have experience performing alcohol withdrawal patient assessments.
29. I have experience performing patient learning assessments.
30. I have experience performing domestic violence patient assessments.
31. I have experience performing patient assessments for depression.
32. I have experience performing patient assessments for nutrition.
33. I have experience performing age appropriate patient assessments.
34. I have experience performing skin assessments.
For each type of surgeries, select the statement from the list below (A-E) that best describes your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
35. Proficient in laparoscopic surgeries.
36. Proficient in ENT (Ear, Nose & Throat) surgeries.
37. Proficient in pediatric surgeries.
38. Proficient in ophthalmology surgeries.
39. Proficient in orthopedic and/or podiatry surgeries.
40. Proficient in Oral surgery
41. Proficient in IV access and site care initiation.
For each equipment, select the statement from the list below (A-E) that best describes your experience and/or training.
42. Operating infusion pumps.
43. Operating electronic thermometers.
44. Operating pulse oximeters.
45. Operating electrosurgical units.
46. Operating suction.
47. Operating various IV and blood infusion pumps.
48. Operating EKG and monitoring devices.
49. Operating electric and manual OR tables and attachments.
50. Operating laparoscopic/endoscopic video equipment.
For each task, select the statement from the list below (A-E) that best describes your experience and/or training.
51. Review and interpret laboratory and other diagnostic test data to evaluate patients and develop nursing care plans.
52. Discriminated between normal and abnormal findings, and provide appropriate care measures.
53. Utilized assessment data to determine an appropriate nursing diagnosis and develop, implement, evaluate and revise an appropriate plan of care.
54. Provide peri-operative nursing care based on interpretation of data obtained from assessment, interview, history review and lab values.
55. Completing patient assessments in accordance with standards of care and the nursing process.
56. Develop complex nursing care plans within the Operating Room.
SECTION II. CERTIFICATION OF INFORMATION ACCURACY
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
Certification of Information Accuracy
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
57. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.