IT Specialist (ENTARCH)
Vacancy ID: 647699 Announcement Number: SE2210-04-647699NH319214-D USAJOBS Control Number: 314666300Occupational/Assessment Questions:
1. From the statements below, select the one response that best describes your highest level of education/experience you fully possess that demonstrates your ability to perform the work of an IT Specialist (Enterprise Architecture), NO-2210-04.A. I have one year of specialized experience at the GS-09 grade level or next lower pay band in the Federal sector or equivalent experience in the public or private sector performing the following duties: 1) providing enterprise architecture guidance and support to customers and IT teams, 2) assessing customer needs to provide enterprise architecture solutions, 3) designing and analyzing enterprise structural frameworks, 4) maintaining information in an IT repository, and 5) ensuring compliance with enterprise architecture and information security policies and principles. AND I have IT-related experience demonstrating the following four competencies: ATTENTION TO DETAIL - I am able to review data from multiple sources and determine relevant information to a given situation. I draft, edit and disseminate written reports and status updates that are factual, timely and relatively error free; CUSTOMER SERVICE - I develop and maintain relationships with customers with diverse needs. I provide technical information about products and services. I assess the needs of customers and identify or tailor products and/or services to meet their needs. I resolve non-routine problems, questions, or complaints and direct the most complex problems, questions, or complaints to the appropriate person; ORAL COMMUNICATION - I communicate, explain, or defend ideas or information clearly. I listen to others and recognize potential miscommunications; PROBLEM SOLVING - I use logic to identify alternatives to solve technical problems. I identify and solve problems by gathering and applying information from a variety of materials or sources that provide several alternatives. NOTE: THIS INFORMATION MUST BE SUPPORTED IN YOUR RESUME TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION.
B. I have a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree; OR 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management from an accredited or pre-accredited institution. NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY, YOU MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF YOUR COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS.
C. I do not have the education or experience as described above.
For the following questions, please choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training as it relates to your ability to perform the work of this position.A- I have no education, training or experience in performing this task.
B- I have had education or training in performing this task, but have not yet performed it on the job.
C- I have performed this task on the job. My work on this task was monitored closely by a supervisor or senior employee to ensure compliance with proper procedures.
D- I have performed this task as a regular part of the job. I have performed it independently and normally without review by a supervisor or senior employee.
E- I have supervised performance of this task or I am normally the person who is consulted by other workers to assist them in this task because of my expertise.
2. Developing reference models of the enterprise.
3. Using knowledge of relational database technologies (e.g., Oracle, Mysql, Postgres) to manage enterprise architecture activities.
4. Reviewing and validating test plans to ensure technical integration is achieved across the enterprise.
5. Defining policies and principles to guide technology decisions for the enterprise architecture.
6. Identifying opportunities to improve enterprise-level systems.
7. Conducting governance and portfolio management activities to ensure compliance with established information security policies and principles.
8. Analyzing the impact of enterprise architecture products and services to provide feedback.
9. Providing enterprise architecture guidance and support to customers and IT teams to facilitate communication on potential problems or concerns.
10. Interfacing with leadership personnel and staff to manage enterprise architecture expectations.
11. Annuitant/Retiree - I am currently receiving an annuity for service as a federal civil servant. If selected, I would be serving as a re-employed annuitant.A. Yes
12. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you understand this statement, have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.
Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
B. I do not accept this agreement and/or I no longer wish to be considered for this position.