1. Carefully read the following description of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualification for the position of Museum Technician GS05. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.
2. Carefully read the following description of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualification for the position of Museum Technician GS07. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select.
3. Create and implement museum housekeeping schedules and standard operation procedures.
4. Provide daily and cyclical cleaning and monitoring of public areas, exhibition spaces and artifact storage areas.
5. Use and maintain visible and UV light meters for environment monitoring.
6. Use and maintain pest traps in museum.
7. Identify pests found during trapping or handing/inspection of museum objects.
8. Apply solutions to mitigate problems that contribute to collections deterioration.
9. Process (clean and sort) archival, historic artifact, art collections relating to the United States military.
10. Examine museum objects for damage or deterioration.
11. Handle valuable or fragile museum/collection objects including archival, textile, and art collections.
12. Use and maintain data loggers for environment monitoring.
13. Locate, inventory, order, and check delivered supplies making sure they meet museum quality standards.
14. Use museum cataloging software such as MIMSY or Past Perfect to create accession and catalog records and track storage locations.
15. Describe items in museum collections using Chenall's Guide to Nomenclature.
16. Prepare and maintain manual and digital museum records such as accession records, donation forms, transfer records and deeds of gifts.
17. Catalog museum collection objects by researching, identifying and describing physical attributes and records associated information.
18. Use digital cameras to document museum objects.
19. Research and locate information related to military historic artifact collections and artwork collections from primary and secondary sources, records and information systems.
20. Create reports and analyze data on the environment of the collection storage and exhibit are by compiling climate data.
21. Create collections reports, such a scope of collections statements and collection gap analyses.
22. Use desktop publishing, photo editing and other software to make museum collections accessible in publication and via the web.
23. Perform routine preservation of military history artifacts, art, and archives collections not requiring a high degree of specialized treatment.
24. Label museum collection objects using archives best practices.
25. Prepare museum objects for public display, such as making display mounts.
26. Prepare museum objects for storage, such as making storage boxes and crates.
27. Manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
28. Organize projects that involve coordination among several components.
29. Maintain office records and correspondence, including responding to inquiries regarding the museum collection, using word processing software.
30. Assist with the design, installation, repair and rehabilitation of exhibits.
31. Provide technical assistance to museum staff on archival and museum collection management and in support of management issues of concern.
32. Research and write historical presentation for guests or visitors.
33. Provide tours and presentations on historical and cultural information to guests or visitors.
34. Your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Deliberate attempts to falsify or inflate your responses may be grounds for not referring you.
Please take this opportunity to review your rating to ensure the accuracy of your answers and that they are supported by your resume. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.