The following questions require a response. If you do not respond, your application will be considered incomplete and you will not receive further consideration.
1. Select the statement that best describes your Federal employment status.A. I am a current Deparment of Homeland Security employee with competitive status. I work within the local commuting area of the announced duty location and am assigned there on a permanent basis.
If you anwered "A", "B", "C" or "D", you must provide the name of your agency and dates of service (MM/DD/YY to MM/DD/YY).
The following questions will only be used to determine whether or not you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. You may wish to consult the vacancy announcement for a description of those requirements.
2. Which of the following statements best describes your experience?
If you chose response B in the previous question, you must provide the title and dates of employment referenced in your resume that demonstrates this experience. If you chose any other response, indicate "not applicable."
3. There is a time-in-grade (TIG) requirement for promotion into this position. Have you completed one year in a position at or above the GS-12 grade level?A. Yes, I have completed one year in a position at or above the GS-12 grade level.
Please give the title(s), series, and grade(s) of the position(s) that support(s) your claim. Also give the beginning and ending dates (month/day/year) during which you occupied the position(s) listed.
4. Do you have specialized experience in this field?
A HIGH DEGREE OF SPECIALIZED PROFESSIONAL VICTIM ASSISTANCE EXPERTISE IS REQUIRED.
ALL ANSWERS WILL REQUIRE YOU TO WRITE A NARRATIVE TELLING HOW YOU HAVE THIS EXPEREINCE.A. Yes, I do possess this experience.
If you answered "A", you must write a narrative giving details of the experience/duties, also state where you worked, for how long, and the name of your supervisor.
Applicants who have permanently held a position with promotion potential equivalent to GS-13 or higher in the competitive service can be referred for selection without competition under our agency merit promotion procedures. Details and temporary promotions do not count. Your response to the following question will be used to determine whether or not you can be categorized as a non-competitive eligible. If you are referred non-competitively and your claim cannot be verified, you will lose further consideration under this announcement. Therefore, if you are uncertain about the promotion potential of positions held, respond with a “No.”
5. Have you ever held or do you currently hold a competitive service position on a permanent basis in the federal government with promotion potential equivalent to GS-13 or higher?A. Yes
If you answered "yes", provide the title, pay plan, grade and series or pay band and the dates (MM/DD/YY to MM/DD/YY) you held this position.
6. If you are a Federal employee, is your most recent performance rating equivalent to a "pass," "satisfactory," or better?A. Yes.
The following questions will be used to rate applicants who meet the minimum eligibility and qualification requirements.
7. Select the choice which best describes your knowledge of the federal criminal justice system, legislation, policy and procedures as they relate to victims of federal crime.A. I have substantial knowledge and experience concerning legislation, issues and procedures regarding the federal criminal justice system and victim assistance; comprehensive knowledge of the Attorney General Guidelines for Victim and Witness Assistance; and knowledge and experience with other federal victim's laws. Having at least three five years experience in relevant programs, with at least 3 years working at a senior level in programs relating to victims of federal crime and could be viewed as a subject matter expert.
8. Select the statement that best describes your knowledge of crisis intervention, victim assistance and social service theories, direct services for victims, and the availability of victim assistance services.A. I have a strong knowledge of crisis intervention methods and experience in crises intervention situations. I have experience with the unique issues involving child victims. I have implemented changes that resulted in improvements for victims.
9. Select the statement that best described your ability to plan, develop, implement, and monitor victim assistance programs and various training projects.A. I have the exceptional ability to independently develop, implement, and monitor comprehensive victim assistance programs. This is demonstrated through evidence that demonstrates conceptualizing, authoring, or overseeing programs at the federal level, or through the planning, design, and implementation at the state level or in non-profit agencies.
10. Indicate the level of your skill in applying fact finding, analytical, and problem solving techniques.A. I analyze and apply a variety of data to support conclusions to complex victim assistance issues, and I have experience in formulating plans for a variety of assignments.
11. Select the statement that best describes your ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.A. I have extensive experience communicating orally and in writing with large numbers of criminal justice, social service, non-governmental agencies and organization and members of the public. Written communications range from standard program related correspondence, to analysis and reviews, technical or concept papers, progress reports, training materials and reports.
12. Indicate the level of your ability to establish and maintain liaisons.A. I have experience of working effectively with people in a variety of positions and levels. I have represented the organization/agency in high level meetings, seminars, and/or conferences with federal, state, and other criminal justice entities through presentations and speeches. I have worked with multiple federal agencies at the national level.