Select Code 001 If you are a United States citizen and have never worked for the federal government OR if you are a Current or Former Federal employee who wishes to be considered as an External candidate.
Select Code 002 If you are a Current or Former Civil Competitive or Excepted Service Employee who wishes to be considered as an Internal candidate. You MUST submit a copy of your most recent Notification of Personnel Action (SF 50) to verify your eligibility under this area of consideration.
NOTE: Current or Former Civil Competitive or Excepted Service Employees may select both codes 001 and 002 if they wish to be considered under both areas of consideration (Internal/External).
1. From the description listed below, select the letter that best describes your level of education.A. I possess a Master's degree or higher in educational administration, or a Master's degree or higher with at least 30 graduate hours of graduate credit in professional education course work which includes a course each in educational administration, curriculum development/design, educational philosophy and education supervision.
2. From the descriptions below, select the letter that best describes your level of generalized experience.A. I have 3 years of general experience in the Federal service or in the private sector which has given me the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position successfully, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled (as described in the "Qualification Requirements" section of this announcement).
3. From the descriptions below, select the letter that best describes your level of specialized experience.A. I have three years of specialized experience in a supervisory position which clearly demonstrated the ability to administer PreK-12 grade school programs and to effectively suppervise educators and support personnel. At least one year of this specialized experience is at the next lower level in the normal line of progression. For an Assistant District Superintendent, the next lower level is that of a school principal or a supervisory position with curriculum, instruction, or assessment responsibilities.
4. From the description listed below, select the letter that best describes your level of specialized experience.A. I possess leadership and management experience in a Pre-K to 12 grade school setting.
In this part, you will respond to questions about experience you have had that are related to the requirements of the job for which you are applying. Carefully review the level of descriptions listed below. For each statement, select the ONE response description that best describes your experience and record your selection.
5. Analyzes, develops, applies, evaluates and/or modifies strategies and techniques of instruction; curriculum development, implementation and assessment, and education administration within a PreK-12 system.
6. Evaluates and implements educational programs at the headquarters, area, district, or school level that include curriculum standards and alignment, current and proposed educational programs, instructional methods and practices, and use of educational technology within a PreK-12 system.
7. Experience with a variety of education delivery systems within a PreK-12 system, to include distance learning and/or technology initiatives.
8. Influences, motivates, or persuades persons or groups to accept plans and recommendations for improvement and program changes.
9. Interacts with senior military/civilian management and diverse groups consisting of labor representatives, business groups, associates, teachers, students, and parents.
10. Resolves diverse and complex issues.
11. Manages the administration of professional development programs for educators within a PreK-12 system at various organizational levels.
12. Designs, develops and/or manages the implementation of professional and non- professional development programs, such as, new teacher training, research based instructional best practices, and standards-based curriculum.
13. Experience with analyzing data.
14. Experience with developing and implementing school-wide or district-wide improvement plans.
15. Experience with the successful administration of a school system.
16. Implements and manages programs, regulations, policies, and other significant guidelines as it relates to the Federal school system.
17. Experience with programming funds for school improvement projects.
18. Experience with facilities management, staffing allocation and financial planning.
19. Experience with the preparation, submission, and administration of the annual operating budget.
20. Maintains sound management practices to control appropriation and expenditure of funds.
21. Provides leadership and supervision to subordinates.
22. Develops performance plans and rates employees.
23. Identifies, provides and/or arranges developmental and training needs of employees.
24. Assures reasonable equity of individual employee performance objectives, standards and ratings among subordinate organizations.
Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
25. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal Service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes. I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.