Select appropriate answer to each of the following questions below.
1. Are you a U.S. Citizen?A. YES.
2. Are you a graduate of a degree program in pharmacy from an accredited United States college or university? OR; Are you a graduate of a foreign pharmacy degree program that meets the education requirement of a degree found to be equivalent to degree programs recognized by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE)A. YES.
3. Do you have a full, active and unrestricted license to practice pharmacy in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States, or the District of Columbia?A. YES.
4. Do you possess any of the following: one year of creditable experience at the GS-11 grade level, as substantiated in your resume, which is directly related to the position to be filled, or board certification recognized by the American Pharmaceutical Association's Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties, or the American Society of Consultant Pharmacists (or equivalent), or completion of a two year post Pharm.D. fellowship in a clinical or specialized program?A. YES.
For each task in the following groups, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
5. Applies knowledge of professional pharmacy practices in performance of clinical duties.
6. Applies knowldege of pharmaceuticals, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, pharmacoeconomics, and pharmacotherapeutics in performance of related duties. NOTE: This level of knowledge is usually characterized by at least 1 year of experience in an ambulatory care clinical setting or advanced training/certification (PGY@ in Ambulatory Care).
7. Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, to patients and health care staff.
8. Interprets and applies knowledge of laws, regulations, and accreditation standards related to the distribution and control of scheduled and non-scheduled drugs and pharmacy security.
9. Monitors and assesses the outcome of drug therapies including physical assessment and interpretation of laboratory and other diagnostic parameters.
10. Comprehensively reviews medication orders to include but not limited to allergy assessment, drug-drug and drug-disease interaction potential, lab value assessment, and elimination of duplicate/obsolete orders.
11. Reviews drug regimens for therapeutic effectiveness and ensures appropriate recommendations are made to improve outcomes, reduce potential for serious adverse effects and promote cost containment.
12. Critically and clinically reviews patients on targeted high risk agents (warfarin, aminoglycosides, vancomycin, paralytic agents, etc.) to ensure safety and efficacy of therapy.
13. Actively participates in interdisciplinary rounds and provides proactive medication interventions that promote high quality care.
14. Actively participates in emergency code and pre-emergency situations.
15. Prepares, reconstitutes, and labels intravenous solutions in accordance with USP 797 (large volume admixtures, piggybacks, syringes, pumps, etc.).
16. Prepares, reconstitutes, and labels intravenous chemotherapy agents in accordance with USP 797.
17. Prepares, reconstitutes, and labels TPN and PPN intravenous solutions in accordance with 797.
18. Ensures appropriate pharmaceutical waste management of trace and bulk IV (to include chemotherapy) waste.
19. Applies knowledge of treatment guidelines for specific disease states (diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, congestive heart failure, anticoagulation indications).
20. Reviews drug regimens for therapeutic effectiveness and ensures appropriate recommendations are made to improve outcomes, reduce potential for serious adverse effects, and promote cost containment.
21. Provides direct (clinic visit) and indirect (e-consult, non-face-to-face appointments patient care under an approved Scope of Practice (including prescriptive authority).
22. Actively participates in formal peer review process, such as Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation (OPPE).
23. Actively participates in process improvement (performance measure) activities.
24. Accurately and efficiently inputs, screens, verifies, finishes, and checks medication orders utilizing professional drug knowledge and adhering to policies and procedures.
25. Maintains records, accountability, and security of controlled substances.
26. Directs pharmacy technicians and trainees in the medication filling processes to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and completeness.
27. Provides patients and/or caregivers with information regarding the handling and pharmacologic use of their medications.
28. Documents all clinical activities, via progress notes or other mechanisms.
29. Provides authoritative drug information and resolution of questions posed by physicians, consultants, and other health car providers regarding stability, indications, contraindications, compatibilities, dose, routes and schedule of administration, adverse effects, drug use criteria, and formulary alternatives.
30. Provides educational inservices to health care providers (physicians, nurses, pharmacy staff, etc.)
31. Provides training/preceptorship of pharmacy residents and students on the critical duties of the job/rotation.
32. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I understand the information provided above and certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith.