1. This position requires a valid driver's license. Do you possess a current, valid driver's license?A. Yes
2. Have you received an unfavorable suitability determination or been denied a security clearance for a Correctional Officer by the Department of the Interior?A. YES, within the last year
3. Are you currently over age 37?A. Yes
4. Are you a veteran who is claiming veterans' preference?A. Yes
5. Are you currently serving in, or have you ever previously served in, a federal law enforcement position which was covered under federal law enforcement retirement provisions?A. Yes
Questions 6 and 7 apply only to those applicants who wish to be considered under the merit promotion process. If you have never been a federal employee, you may skip questions 6 and 7.
6. Are you a current or former federal employee in the competitive service who wishes to apply under MERIT PROMOTION procedures? NOTE: If you are unsure whether you qualify for merit promotion, check your SF-50. Box 34 should show "1" and box 24 should show "1" or "2." You may also contact the number listed on this vacancy announcement with questions.A. Yes, I wish to be considered under merit promotion and am a CURRENT competitive service employee described above.
7. If you answered "yes" to the above question, have you ever held or been selected for a position with the full performance level of GL-07, GS-07, or a higher grade?A. Yes
8. Are you applying under a special appointing authority? Common examples include Postal Service employees, Foreign Service employees, Peace Corps experience, Schedule A disability, etc. For a complete list of special appointing authorities, click here.A. Yes, and I am aware I must submit supporting documentation with my application package.
9. Do you have at least three years of general work experience?A. Yes
10. Have you completed a full 4 year course of study (120 semester hours or 180 quarter hours) towards a bachelor's degree at an accredited college or university and have submitted a copy of your transcripts?A. Yes
11. Are you qualifying for this position based on a combination of the experience and education described above? If you answer YES to this question, you MUST submit a copy of your unofficial transcripts prior to the vacancy closing date.A. Yes
12. Do you have experience assisting with the supervision and care of criminal offenders in the operations of a correctional and/or detention facility?A. Yes, for one year or longer
13. Have you completed nine (9) semester hours or fourteen (14) quarter hours of graduate study, from an accredited school in Criminal Justice, Criminology, Social Science, or another field of study related to the position such as law AND have submitted a copy of your transcripts?A. Yes
14. Are you qualifying for this position based on a combination of the experience and education described above? If you answer YES to this question, you MUST submit a copy of your unofficial transcripts prior to the vacancy closing date.A. Yes
15. Do you have experience working a post shift specifically in a corrections facility control room?A. Yes, for one year or longer
16. Do you have experience booking for a corrections facility?A. Yes
17. Do you have experience performing intake functions for a corrections facility?A. Yes
18. Do you have experience transporting inmates for a corrections facility?A. Yes
19. Do you have experience taking a lead role in dealing with emergency situations?A. Yes
20. Have you completed a Federal, state, or municipal basic training academy in corrections?A. Yes
21. Do you have experience conducting physical security checks at a corrections facility?A. Yes
22. Please select the following shifts you have worked at a correctional facility.A. Control Room
23. I understand I must fully complete and submit an OF-0306 as part of my application package. The OF-0306 form can be found