Please select the most appropriate answer to each of the questions contained in this document regarding your eligibility to apply for this position. Select only one answer to each question even if more than one answer applies. Your application materials will be reviewed thoroughly to ensure you receive proper consideration.
1. Psychologist positions in the Department of Veteran Affairs are in the Excepetd Service and are opened to United States citizens that meet the education, licensure and qualification requirements as described in this announcement. Please select the responses that best describes your employment eligibility, education, qualifications and experience as it relates to this position. Select only one response for each question. Are you a United States citizen?A. No
2. This position provides direct patient care and requires that the applicant be proficient in both written and spoken English. Are you proficient in both written and spoken English?A. No
3. Psychologist positions in the Department of Veterans Affairs require that the candidate hold a doctoral degree in Psychology from an accredited college or university whose psychology curriculum is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA). Are you a graduate of a doctoral program in psychology that was accredited by the APA at the time of your attendance?A. No
4. Psychologists in the Department of Veterans Affairs at the GS-13 and GS-14 grade levels, must have a a full, current and unrestricted State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (e.g., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia, license to practice psychology at the doctoral level. Do you have a full, current and unrestricted State license to practice psychology at the doctoral level?A. No
5. A basic requirement for Psychologists appointment to the Department of Veterans Affairs is the completion of an American Psychological Association (APA) accredited internship. Did you complete a psychology internship that was accredited by the APA?A. No
6. Experience: GS-13: At this grade level, the psychologist would need two years of professional experience in clinical and/or health services research that demonstrates advanced professional psychological theories and techniques to the full range of patient populations. At least one year of experience would need to be in clinical investigative research work. GS-14: The psychologist needs three years of professional psychology experience (with at least two years in clinical investigative research work). Do you have at least two years of professional post-doctoral degree experience that included clinical investigative research work?A. No
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
7. Knowledge of and ability to apply advanced professional psychological theories and techniques to the full range of patient populations.
8. Ability to provide professional advice and consultation in areas related to professional psychology and behavioral health.
9. Knowledge of clinical research literature.
10. Ability to incorporate new clinical procedures.
11. Ability to provide supervision in areas related to behavioral health and research activities.
12. Ability to provide fair, principled and decisive leadership for a work environment that promotes shared accountability.
13. Skill in managing and directing the work of others to accomplish program goals and objectives and the ability to devise ways to adapt work operations to new and changing programs, staffing and budget requirements.
14. Ability to effectively supervise and manage subordinate employees to include establishing and monitor production and performance priorities and standards.
15. Ability to translate management goals and objectives into well-coordinated and controlled work operations.
16. Knowledge of and ability to appropriately utilize, evidence based practices and clinical practice guidelines and ability to guide staff in using these tools.
17. Ability to analyze organizational and operational problems and to develop and implement solutions that result in sound operation of the program.
18. Knowledge of and ability to apply appropriate scientific methods in the design and execution of basic and applied research.
19. Ability to convey scientific concepts and methodological principles to individuals with diverse levels of technical expertise.
20. Skill working collaboratively with other disciplines, individuals or groups representing widely divergent backgrounds, interests and points of view.
21. Select the appropriate answer to the statement below. Failure to provide an answer will result in your not being considered for this position. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false staatement or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibility may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal Service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "no" providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.
A. No, I do not certify this information and do not wish to be considered for this position.
If you are selected for this position, you will be required to submit a certified copy of your college transcripts as part of the credentialing process. You do not need to submit transcripts with your application materials.
Documentation Instructions: Please submit proper documentation if you are claiming eligibility for Veteran's preference to include a copy of your DD 214 - Military Discharge. Applicants' claiming 10-point Veteran preference must also include SF 15 - Application for 10-point Veteran Preference along with the required documentation listed on this form (e.g., verification of service-connected disability percentage).
Resume Reminder: Your VA Form 10-2850c - Application for Associate Health Care Occupations and resume must include the following information for each job listed: (1) Job Title & Grade, (2) Detailed description of duties for each job listed, (3) The Month/Year for the start and end date for each position you have held (e.g., 2/2003 - 4/2005), (4) whether the positions you have held were full or part time and if part time you must include the average number of hours worked per week, and (5) your employer's name and complete address. If you are not able to download/upload application materials, they can be faxed to the attention of Stephanie Hamilton, HR Specialist (05 sph) at (315) 425-2447. You can email your request to Stephanie.Hamilton@va.gov or send through regular mail to - VA Medical Center, Human Resources (05 sph), 800 Irving Avenue, Syracuse, NY 13210. If you have questions, you can call (315) 425-4638.
Please be aware that your answers will be verified against information provided in your resume and application materials. Be sure that your application clearly supports your responses to all of the questions by addressing your work experience in detail. Do no overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capacility. You should be aware your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on your resume and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismission you from the position following acceptance. All licensed, certified and/or registered clinical professionals appointed to the Department of Veterans Affairs are requird to complete the VA VetPro credentialing process prior to appointment.