BASIC QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
THE RESUME YOU SUBMIT FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST SUPPORT THE ANSWER YOU CLAIM UNDER THIS AND OTHER QUESTIONS. IF NOT, YOU WILL BE FOUND NOT QUALIFIED OR YOUR SCORE WILL BE LOWERED.
1. Select the statement below that best represents your highest level of experience or education for the position of GS-301-12 Program Analyst (Budget).A. I possess one full year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-11 grade level or pay band in the Federal service) that included supporting the process of formulating, justifying, executing and reporting on the status of the budget; providing technical guidance; providing recommendations and approaches to improve program plans, budget proposals, operational guidelines and program accomplishments; recording day to day transactions and maintaining funds balances; and assisting senior analysts in developing and maintaining the annual spend plan?
2. Select the statement below that best represents your highest level of experience or education for the position of GS-301-13 Program Analyst (Budget) position.A. I possess one full year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-12 grade level or pay band in the Federal service) that included advising upper management on the budget formulation process; interpreting existing rules, regulations and policies to resolve issues and questions as part of the planning, programming and budgeting system (PPBS) process; applying conventional fact-finding, analytical and problem solving methods and techniques; identifying problems, drawing conclusions and recommending actions or solutions to improve efficiency and effectiveness throughout the organization; interacting with management at all levels on sensitive and confidential matters; and providing analysis, evaluation and recommendations to management on program milestones, schedules, and budgetary resource planning?
Knowledge of accounting, budgetary and financial laws, policies and procedures.
INSTRUCTION: For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. Be sure to describe the experience that supports your responses to the task statements below in your resume. It is important that your application package submitted, including a resume or application form, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skills levels you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your resume submitted for this position. If not, your score will be lowered or you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or firing you after you begin work.
Please select only one letter for each item.
3. Interpret budget rules, regulations and policies.
4. Provide recommendations and alternative approaches to improve program plans, budget proposals, operational guidelines, and program accomplishments.
5. Reduce the risk to life and property in pre and post disaster timeframes through regulations, local ordinances, land use and building practices.
6. Reduce or eliminate long term risks from hazards and their effects through mitigation grants funded projects.
7. Align goals and performance measures required by the Government Performance and Results Act (GPRA) or other applicable strategic planning and performance management legislation.
8. Develop administrative regulations or guidelines for the conduct of program operations.
9. Utilize budgeting/financial systems to provide a wide variety of financial and budget related reports, publications and training.
10. Provide independent assessments for input into Congressional Justification; Over-guidance and Unfunded Requirement Reports such as Future Year Homeland Security Programs.
11. Proficient in the use of budgeting and accounting information systems.
12. Develop new criteria, such as organizational goals, objectives and milestones to measure budget program accomplishments.
13. Apply conventional fact-finding, analytical and problem solving methods and techniques to identify budget problems, draw conclusions and recommend appropriate action.
14. Analyze financial data and make appropriate changes or enhancements to improve organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
15. Gather financial data, and conduct surveys to recommend approaches for improvement if necessary.
16. Analyze and evaluate mission oriented programs.
17. Employ effective business practices to evaluate the effectiveness of budget programs.
18. Serve as the technical authority on budget formulation for an organization.
19. Review, revise and recommend approval/disapproval or modification of budget requests and justifications.
20. Perform budgetary planning and analysis functions for overall budget process as part of the administration of the budgetary management system.
21. Support the process of formulating, justifying, executing and reporting on the status of the budget for an organization.
22. Provide technical guidance, make recommendations, and assist in developing and maintaining the annual spend plan.
23. Coordinate and plan budget services.
24. Forecast budgetary trends and activities.
25. Provide direction to a team of analysts to accomplish assigned missions.
26. Distribute and balance workload and tasks among employees in accordance with established workflow, skill level and/or occupational specialization.
27. Adjust priorities to ensure timely completion of assigned team tasks.