1. Are you permanently residing in the state of Hawaii AND have been accepted for enrollment or are enrolled and seeking a degree (diploma, certificate, etc.) in a qualifying educational institution on a full or half-time basis? (Note: Please document your enrollment information in your application package to support your claim).A. Yes
2. Have you been accepted for enrollment or are enrolled and seeking a degree (diploma, certificate, etc.) in Fire Training, Fire Science, or other related fields of study? (Note: Please document your degree program in your application package to support your claim).A. Yes
3. I am able and willing to submit to a random drug testing (urinalysis) on a recurring basis. This position has been identified as a Test Designated Position (TDP) and I am able and willing to refrain from the use of illegal drugs and if requested, to submit to urinalysis testing. Furthermore, I am able and willing to sign a statement acknowledging the position is occupied as a TDP, and that I am subject to random drug testing as a condition of employment.A. Yes
4. I am willing to undergo a medical suitability exam and believe I am medically able to perform the essential functions of the position efficiently and without harm to myself or others.A. Yes
5. I have a valid driver's license.A. Yes
6. I am able and willing to work with varying and/or rotating shifts that may include weekends, holidays, and 24-hour recall.A. Yes
7. Please select one response that best describes how you meet the minimum qualifications for a GS-0099-03, Student Trainee (Firefighter Intern). (PLEASE NOTE: If you are substituting education for experience, you may submit a copy of your transcripts to verify your claim.)A. I have six months of general work experience or military service that has allowed me to demonstrate the ability to follow directions and to read, understand, and retain a variety of instructions, regulations, and procedures and otherwise demonstrate the ability to perform or learn to perform the duties of the position.
For each task in the following groups, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I do not have education, training or experience in performing this task but I am willing to learn.
8. Connect hose lines to assist with extinguishing fires during a firefighting operation.
9. Assist with conducting a forced entry during a firefighting operation to ensure the safety of others.
10. Conduct incident surveys to identify hazardous materials involved.
11. Utilize personal protective equipment during firefighting operations to comply with safety directives.
12. Operate firefighting equipment (e.g. hoses, ladders and hydrants) to assist in the control of fires.
13. Drive emergency apparatuses to incident scenes in accordance with a pre-determined route.
14. Determine number of hose lines to utilize when extinguishing fires.
15. Determine proper hose pressure to use when assisting with firefighting operations.
16. Brief the public verbally on the goals of a fire safety program.
17. Orally communicate to others how to operate a fire extinguisher.
18. Orally respond to questions from the public regarding fire hazards.
19. Verbally provide instruction to others regarding actions to take during an emergency situation.
20. Your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Deliberate attempts to falsify or inflate your responses may be grounds for not referring you.
Please take this opportunity to review your rating to ensure the accuracy of your answers and that they are supported by your resume. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.