Enter/Select the occupational specialty code:
1. I am able to speak and read in both the Spanish and English language at an intermediate level.A. Yes, I am able to speak and read in both the Spanish and English language at an intermediate level. (I have provided information in my application to support my claim.)
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Field Program Specialist, GS-101-12.A. I have at least a bachelor's degree in behavioral or social science; or related disciplines appropriate to the position.
3. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for Field Program Specialist, GS-101-12.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 in the Federal service, assisting in programs overseeing the care and custody of children; assisting in developing program policies/processes; participating in the case management of children; making placement decisions for children; assisting with overseeing the establishment and operation of shelters and care providers responsible for the housing and care of children; assisting with providing training to care providers; etc.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Provide authoritative advice, consultation, and technical assistance to care providers, and other officials for the implementation and coordination of residential programs for children.
5. Coordinate and oversee the safe and expeditious reunification of immigrant children with family and/or other adult sponsors.
6. Provide guidance and collaborate with case coordinators to review family and/or adult sponsor eligibility, make appropriate referrals for home suitability assessments when needed for immigrant children.
7. Refer complex family reunification cases for further review, guidance, and consultation, as warranted.
8. Serve as the primary point of contact for all notifications in the reunification or repatriation process for immigrant children, including signing release forms and care provider documents necessary for licensing, i.e., consent for provision of care and medical care, providing liaison to foreign country embassies/consulates to obtain travel documents, etc.
9. Coordinate with case coordinators and care provider staff for children to implement routine and complex transfers to residential treatment centers and long term foster care.
10. Assist program management with special projects such as identifying new services and resources ( e.g. clinics, legal services) for immigrant children.
11. Assist in the resolution of complex case issues and troubleshoot problems to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the program for the care and custody of immigrant children.
12. Ensure compliance with Flores Settlement Agreement, Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008, and other authorizing statutes relative to child welfare issues.
13. Assist in analyzing and measuring data to prepare complex reports.
14. Convene and conduct planning groups to develop strategies to resolve programmatic problems with the care and placement of immigrant children.
15. Serve as agency liaison with private, non-profit agencies, and non-governmental groups, local, state, Federal officials, and legal representatives to ensure the best interests of immigrant children are met.
16. Interview immigrant children in care provider programs to assess appropriate placement needs.
17. Make presentations on behalf of senior management to external organizations on issues related to the care and custody of unaccompanied minors.
18. Assist with the the development of policies and procedures regarding the care of immigrant children.
19. Assist with the interpretation of legislation, regulations, and case law regarding the care of immigrant children.
20. Assist staff in the development of training programs and training materials for care providers of minor children.
21. Assist program management in developing program criteria for the care and custody of immigrant children.
22. Provide regular reports to management on overall reunification and release programs for care providers for children.