1. Select the answer below that describes your education as it relates to the basic qualification requirements for this position. If you select A or B, please submit a copy of your transcripts for verification.A. I have a degree in behavioral or social science; or related disciplines appropriate to the position.
Your responses to the questions below will be used in the evaluation of your qualifications for the National Program Leader (Healthy Living). Your resume and application materials must support the level of experience and/or education you claim in this questionnaire. If, after a complete review of your application package, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications, you may be rated ineligible for this position.
2. Do you have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level? Specialized experience is fulfilled by the following: (1) experience with cooperative extension 4-H Youth Development programs; (2) skill in translating research, education, and extension principles into practical approaches and solutions to critical national issues in healthy living, environmental and outdoor education, conservation science, and natural resources; (3) skill in making public presentations; and (4) skill in identifying and utilizing resources.A. Yes
3. Do you have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 level? Specialized experience is fulfilled by the following: (1) experience working with 4-H Youth Development collaborative teams composed of other agencies, universities, groups, industry and the general public to achieve priority outcomes; (2) experience in 4-H Youth Development strategic planning with collaborative teams and (3) skill in applied evaluation and research methods for impacts and outcomes of 4-H Youth Development assessments involved in non-formal education and extension programs.A. Yes
For each of the following tasks, choose the statement from the list of level descriptions below that best describes your experience and/or training. You must respond to questions about the education and/or specialized experience you have had that is related to the requirements of the job you are applying for. Answer the questions to the best of your ability. Your narrative resume and/or other application materials must contain evidence to support your responses. Your responses are also subject to verification through background checks, job interviews, or any other information obtained during the application process. Please select only one response for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Initiate a cooperative extension 4-H Youth Development program involving cooperation and collaboration with other agencies and organizations to meet national or state level objectives regarding outdoor education, natural resources and 4-H Healthy Living.
5. Coordinate one or more multi-state or national 4-H Youth Development programs designed to utilize applied evaluation and research to address outdoor education, natural resources and 4-H Healthy Living.
6. Participate in joint or complementary 4-H Youth Development programs with other agencies and organizations regarding cooperative extension outdoor education, natural resources and 4-H Healthy Living.
7. Serve on a national or regional task force or planning, technical or advisory 4-H Youth Development committee for cooperative extension programs.
8. Develop annual and long-range plans, strategies and goals related to youth development programs.
9. Provide required data to support request for funding through development of cost trends, unit cost data, and projected costs of Youth Development programs.
10. Review all documents for expenditure of funds to ensure the purpose for which funds are spent is within agency policy.
11. Assist in the development of positive youth development procedural guidance and policy documents.
12. Coordinate one (or more) multi-state or national 4-H Youth Development Cooperative Extension program designed to utilize applied evaluation and research methods to address under-served, underrepresented audiences.
13. Initiate a 4-H Youth Development Cooperative Extension program involving cooperation and collaboration with other agencies and organizations as related to under-served, underrepresented audiences.
14. Participate in joint or complementary 4-H Youth Development Cooperative Extension programs with other local, state and/or national level agencies and organizations regarding under-served, under-represented audiences.
15. Develop 4-H Youth Development Cooperative Extension curriculum for trainings, meetings, or conferences as related to under-served, under-represented audiences.
16. Use research methodology procedures to summarize and analyze factual information to produce appropriate graphical representations of investigative statistical data.
17. Interact with and persuade outside groups to adopt methods, procedures or techniques to improve their technical operations.
18. Participate in monitoring and reviewing data and statistics to identify trends, discrepancies, impacts, problems, and data omissions in cooperative extension 4-H Youth Development programs addressing environmental and outdoor education, natural resources, and healthy living.
19. Contribute to the research knowledge base for 4-H Youth Development Cooperative Extension programming through articles, papers, presentations, technical reports, program evaluations and studies.