The following question pertains to your licensure.
1. I have a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice pharmacy in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (i.e., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia.A. Yes
The following question pertains to your degree in Pharmacy.
2. Are you a graduate of a degree program in pharmacy from an approved college or university? (The degree program must have been approved by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE), or prior to the establishment of ACPE, have been a member of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP). Graduates of foreign pharmacy degree programs meet the educational requirement if their degree is found to be equivalent to degree programs recognized by the ACPE. This finding may be based on any of the following (a) a letter of acceptance into a U.S. graduate pharmacy program recognized by the ACPE; (b) written certification from the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination; or (c) a letter from a U.S. college or university with a pharmacy degree program recognized by ACPE stating that the individual's foreign pharmacy degree has been evaluated and found to be equivalent to its Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree.A. Yes
This information will be used by the Professional Standards Board to determine your salary. The following questions pertain to your experience. To be creditable, the experience must have required the use of Job Elements and other characteristics associated with current professional pharmacy practice and experience in managing people and/or programs necessary to satisfactorily complete the following duties.
3. Do you have 1 year of experience demonstrating active professional practice? Active professional practice means paid/non-paid employment as a professional pharmacist as defined by the appropriate licensing board as described in the paragraph above?A. Yes
4. In addition to a full, current and unrestricted license, have you done an annual completion of a minimum of 15 continuing education units (CEUs)
recognized by ACPE, or as required by the licensing authority by which you are licensed?
5. Do you have a Master's or Ph.D. degree in pharmacy or a related health care field?A. Yes
This information will be used by the Professional Standards Board to determine your salary. For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
6. Ability to develop performance standards and performance evaluations; recommendations for appointment, awards, advancement, and, when appropriate, disciplinary actions; identification of continuing education and training needs; etc.
7. Ability in serving as a consultant within Pharmacy Service and with other facility health care staff in evaluating health care delivery to patients.
8. Ability in assessing, planning and evaluating the pharmacy program to ensure proper coordination between the delivery of pharmacy services and the overall delivery of health care.
9. Knowledge of professional pharmacy practice.
10. Ability to effectively use all available data bases to efficiently operate the pharmacy and monitor prescription utilization.
11. Knowledge of pharmaceutics, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, pharmacoeconomics and pharmacotherapeutics.
12. Ability to manage people or projects, evaluating results and designing process improvements.
13. Knowledge of standards related to the distribution and control of scheduled and non-scheduled drugs to both inpatients and outpatients (including research and investigational drugs). This includes but is not limited to basic knowledge of the standards of Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), the State (Territory of District of Columbia, if appropriate), and The Joint Commission (TJC).
14. Comprehensive knowledge of a specialized area of clinical pharmacy practice or specialty area of pharmacy such as quality assurance/utilization review, informatics systems, drug information, etc. This level of knowledge is usually characterized by at least 1 year of experience in a specialized clinical area or advanced training/certification.
15. Comprehensive knowledge of pharmaceutics, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, pharmacoeconomics and pharmacotherapeutics. This level of knowledge is usually characterized by at least 1 year of experience in a specialized clinical area or advanced training/certification.
16. Skill in monitoring and assessing the outcome of drug therapies including physical assessment and interpretation of laboratory and other diagnostic parameters.
17. Ability to communicate orally to persuade and influence clinical decisions.
18. Knowledge of the design, conduct, and interpretation of controlled clinical drug trials or other research related to health care.
19. Ability to communicate in writing to persuade and influence clinical decisions.
20. Comprehensive knowledge of DEA, FDA, VA, the State (Territory of District of Columbia, if appropriate), TJC and other standards related to the distribution and control of scheduled and non-scheduled drugs to both inpatients and outpatients (including research and investigational drugs).
21. Ability to plan, organize and direct the functions of the pharmacy staff.
The following is a Certification of Understanding.
RESPONSE TO THIS STATEMENT IS MANDATORY. Please note, if you do not answer this question, it will result in not being considered for this position.
22. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the
information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.