1. Select the answer below that describes your education as it relates to the basic qualification requirements for this position. If you select A or B, please submit a copy of your transcripts for verification.A. I have a four year degree (or higher) in biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position.
Your responses to the questions below will be used in the evaluation of your qualifications for the National Program Leader (Cropping Systems) position. Your resume and application materials must support the level of experience and/or education you claim in this questionnaire. If, after a complete review of your application package, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications, you may be rated ineligible for this position.
2. Do you have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level? Specialized experience is fulfilled by the following: (1) experience developing and evaluating Cropping Systems programs, specifically organic or sustainable agricultural production systems; (2) knowledge and expertise in scientific research related to Cropping Systems; and (3) experience in obtaining grants and/or evaluating Cropping Systems research, education and extension.A. Yes
3. Do you have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 level? Specialized experience is fulfilled by the following: (1) experience developing and evaluating Cropping Systems programs, specifically organic or sustainable agricultural production systems; (2) knowledge and expertise in scientific research related to Cropping Systems; (3) experience in obtaining grants and/or evaluating Cropping Systems research, education and extension; and (4) Cropping Systems research experience in institutions serving the needs of the sustainable or organic agricultural community.A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. In all cases, your answer should relate specifically to organic or sustainable agricultural production systems. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Attends professional meetings, regularly reads scientific journals, and collaborates with other professionals in Cropping Systems and related disciplines to keep abreast of recent developments in basic and applied research techniques and methods.
5. Analyzes and evaluates research methodologies used in Cropping Systems, determines the validity and reliability of research results, and applies those results to improving Cropping Systems programs.
6. Participates in monitoring and reviewing national and international data and statistics on Cropping Systems to identify trends, discrepancies, impacts, problems, and data gaps.
7. Provides recommendations for improving the competitive review process.
8. Works collaboratively with team members, partners, and stakeholders to establish strategic program goals and objectives for Cropping Systems programs.
9. Serves on interagency, interdepartmental, and interdisciplinary work groups, task forces, and committees addressing critical issues in Cropping Systems.
10. Evaluates the effectiveness of Cropping Systems programs.
11. Applies analytical techniques in evaluating program impacts.
12. Identifies gaps in Cropping Systems programming needs and provides recommendations for strengthening the programs.
13. Participates in or represents Cropping Systems programs at interagency briefings, meetings, committees, and task forces.
14. Prepares reports and briefings for agency leadership, concisely and accurately, demonstrating knowledge of program-related issues and how those issues relate to the overall mission of the agency.
15. Develops responses to inquiries and requests from Congress, stakeholders, and the public regarding the status of agency Cropping Systems programs.
16. Develops and prepares written materials for briefings, meetings, or conferences.
17. Coordinates and collaborates with others to exchange program-related information, solve program-related problems, and strengthen Cropping Systems programs through interdisciplinary interaction.
18. Assembles and leads teams of experts to accomplish Cropping Systems goals and objectives, and is responsible for the successful outcome of team goals and objectives.
19. Leads responses to issues and opportunities in organic and sustainable agriculture and implements actions on those issues.
20. Leads marketing and communicating information about agency programs in organic and sustainable agriculture.