Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 714883
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (09-11) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
WARNING STATEMENT: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the résumé, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference.
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility. To determine if you are eligible, please go to the following website: http://www.usajobs.gov/EI3.asp
The incumbent must possess and maintain a valid State drivers license in order to fully perform the duties/functions of this position.
4. Do you possess a valid Drivers License. If you answered "Yes" to question four, please submit a copy of your current Valid Drivers License with your application.
Question five determines if applicants meet the Individual Occupation Requirement/Basic Requirement for the Social Work Series, 0185. You must answer this question. Failure to respond to this question will result in an ineligible rating. You must provide documentation supporting your response in your resume. You will be rated ineligible if your resume/application does not support the education/training/experience claimed.
5. From the descriptions below, select the letter corresponding to the statement that most clearly and accurately describes meeting the individual occupational requirement/basic requirement for the Social Work Series. Select only one letter.
6. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-9 Social Worker. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.
7. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-11 Social Worker. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
8. Investigate child neglect, sexual abuse and physical abuse complaints through home visits and personal interviews.
9. Develop and improve services aimed at Child Welfare and Family Services on the reservation.
10. Conduct assessments and develops case plans for high risk families with substance abuse problems.
11. Provide intervention and home base services to families at risk of child removal due to substance abuse.
12. Recruits foster parents and recommends approval based on Tribal/State standards.
13. Apply specialized Social Services program knowledge and skill to assist beneficiaries on the reservation.
14. Provide counseling services for clients concerning, parenting, confinement, housing, unemployment, desertion and other family welfare situations.
15. Conduct collatoral contacts with other human services agencies to assess available services.
16. Recommend the release of funds from IIM accounts for minors, guardians, foster, parents, etc.
17. Collect pertinent client information such as school records, medical or psychological examinations as necessary.
18. Determine client needs through investigation of personal situation concerning health, safety, housing, support and employment.
19. Prepare case reports through the use of information gathered from background information, through interviews and home visits.
20. Consult, collaborate and communicate with the State District Court and Tribal Court and various welfare agencies, schools, and Tribal entities.
21. Maintain case records and appropriate documentation.
22. Assist clients in the preparation of application forms.
23. Prepare concise assessment reports based on investigation and interview findings.
VERIFICATION STATEMENT: As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and; 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
24. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50's) is received and is accurate.