1. From the descriptions below, please choose the answer that demonstrates your education and/or experience related to this position.A. I have a bachelor's degree in behavioral or social science; or related disciplines appropriate to the position.
2. Select the statement that describes how you meet the specialized experience and/or education requirements for this position at the GS-14 levelA. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level or higher in the Federal service: 1) Leading a staff in the development and coordination of program components, examples include improving classroom practice, family engagement and involvement, health and disabilities services, culture and linguistic responsiveness, and program management and fiscal operations as they pertain to Head Start/Early Head Start or similar early childhood development programs; 2) Analyzing and advising senior management on social or behavioral science and early childhood development issues; and 3) Developing management policies on the administration of early childhood programs.
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your experience and capability using the scale below.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
3. Lead projects or studies on programmatic issues to develop or revise policies and procedures for an organization.
4. Analyze the impact of Federal and State legislation on Head Start or similar early childhood development programs.
5. Coordinate the planning of social science programs, projects, or activities with a national or international scope and significance.
6. Analyze program activities and budget initiatives to make recommendations to policy-makers concerning funds and resources channeled to Head Start or similar early childhood development program development.
7. Lead complex program assignments with all concerned parties, both internally and externally, as required to diagnose problems and develop viable courses of action.
8. Evaluate work performance to identify developmental and training needs for immediate staff.
9. Recommend the appointment, promotion or reassignment of employees.
10. Direct a program segment with significant resources, such as one at a multi-million dollar level of annual resources.
11. Collaborate with cross functional stakeholders in conducting long-range strategic planning activities to improve early childhood programs, services, and activities.
12. Present early childhood education and/or Head Start program goals, objectives, and activities to internal and external contacts, such as advocacy groups, state and national organizations, and other Federal agencies.
13. Brief senior management on program requirements, significant issues, and recommendations to program plans.
14. Measure the effectiveness of goals to recommend changes to policies, procedures and development of systems.
15. Prepare authoritative guidance documents on policy and cross-cutting issues related to Head Start or early childhood development programs.
16. Monitor the development of program literature aimed to increase education on Head Start or early childhood development programs.
17. Report on program data, such as trend analyses and operations to policy makers and key organization officials that affect the basis of decisions on major and long range social science policies and proposals.
18. Draft interpretations of sensitive public policies that have long national significance for staff and senior management officials.