Your responses to the questions below will be used in the evaluation of your qualifications for the Policy Specialist position. Your resume and application materials must support the level of experience you claim in this questionnaire. If, after a complete review of your application package, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications, you may be rated ineligible for this position.
1. Choose one answer that best describes your experience for the GS-13 grade level.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level which is directly related to the work of this position and which has equipped me with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. Specialized experience includes the following: assisting in the development of policy for formula funds, grants or cooperative agreements; researching, codifying and troubleshooting new financial management procedures; working with staff from other units to improve business processes relative to formula fund, grant or cooperative agreement programs.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Interpret and apply Federal financial assistance laws, regulations, policies, and procedures such as 2 CFR Parts 215, 220, and 230; 2 CFR Parts 3015, 3016, 3017, 3018, 3019, and 3021; OMB Circulars Nos. 21, 103, 110, 122, and 133; and the Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency and American Recovery and Reinvestment Acts .
3. Interpret and apply administrative laws, regulations, policies, and procedures, such as the Administrative Procedure, Paperwork Reduction, Freedom of Information, and Federal Advisory Committee Acts.
4. Understand and apply knowledge of Federal formula grants, competitive grants, and cooperative agreements.
5. Orally communicate information relating to Federal assistance, administrative procedures, and/or financial management policies and procedures.
6. Communicate information, in writing, relating to Federal assistance, administrative procedures, and/or financial management policies and procedures.
7. Make oral presentations to supervisors and co-workers within my organization as well as to outside agencies or organizations.
8. Prepare or oversee the preparation of briefings, reports, procedures, training programs, and/or other policy-related analyses.
9. Communicate technical and non-technical information concisely, both orally and in writing, to various audiences within and outside my organization.
10. Negotiate with an outside organization when there is disagreement over a proposed course of action and persuade those outside officials to my recommended course of action.
11. Conduct training presentations on Federal assistance, administrative procedures or financial management policies, either inside or outside of my organization.
12. Conduct briefings for senior management officials within my organization to present, explain, interpret, and negotiate review findings, often involving problematic policy issues relating to Federal assistance or financial management.
13. Implement a Federal assistance, administrative, and/or financial management policy or program (e.g., Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act).
14. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with external parties such as OMB, GAO, Congressional Staff, or other professional organizations.
15. Represent my organization in outside workshops, task forces, or committees in order to address and resolve policy issues relating to Federal assistance or financial management.
16. Lead the implementation of complex policies, procedures, or programs.
17. Use computer systems and software, including electronic workflow, to implement new or revised Federal assistance, administrative, and/or financial management policies and procedures.