Please accurately identify your level of experience and demonstrated capability when completing this questionnaire as your responses, resume and supporting documents will be reviewed for accuracy. You will be asked at the end of this questionnaire to certify your entire application as true and accurate.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment and referral consideration. Please indicate those eligibilities for which you are eligible and would like to be considered. You will only be considered under eligibilities that you select and provide requested supporting information either below or within your resume. If you do not meet at least one of the eligibilities below, you are not eligible to be considered for this position. For additional information, definitions and supporting documentation requirements see the list of appointing eligibilities listed at http://www.public.navy.mil/donhr/Employment/CivJobOpps/Documents/ApplicantChecklist_Merit.pdf. Please note that documentation (e.g., SF-50s or DD-214s) will be requested if you are selected to verify your eligibility.
1. Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee - I am currently employed as a permanent career or career-conditional (Tenure 1 or 2 in box 24 of SF-50) federal employee in the competitive service (SF-50 will show a 1 in box 34) or , I am currently on a permanent Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA) (SF-50 will show a 2 in box 34). Note: Your resume MUST include your position title, pay plan, series, grade level, agency worked for and dates of employment for all applicable federal work experiences.A. Yes
2. Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) - I am a veteran who served substantially 3 or more years of continuous active duty in the military - OR - I am a preference eligible; AND I was discharged under honorable conditions. Visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx for veterans' preference eligibility requirements. Note: Ensure that you have answered all applicable veterans’ questions in both the Eligibility Information and Other Information sections of this questionnaire.A. Yes
3. Reinstatement- I was formerly employed as a permanent federal civilian employee (Tenure 1 or 2 in block 24 of your SF-50) in the competitive service (SF-50 will show a 1 in block 34) who 1) previously attained career status - OR- 2) is a Veterans' preference eligible and served at least one day as a career conditional employee - OR - 3) separated from civil service as a career-conditional employee within the past three years. I am NOT a current permanent federal employee. Note: Your resume MUST include a work experience with position title, pay plan, series, grade level, agency worked for and dates of employment that supports previous federal employment and your reinstatement eligibility.A. Yes
4. Schedule A, Appointment of People with Disabilities - I have a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities and I have documentation in the form of letters, records or statements issued from a licensed medical professional, vocational rehabilitation specialist or other Federal or State agency that issues disability benefits.A. Yes
5. PPP Military Spouse - I am registered in the DoD Priority Placement Program (PPP) Military Spouse Preference Program (Program S) for the series, grade and location covered by this announcement.A. Yes
6. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) - I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position in a Non-DoD federal agency (e.g., IRS, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.) in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under ICTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are well qualified. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this statement, you must submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record.A. Yes
1. Read the following descriptions and select the one that best describes the level of your education to meet the basic requirements for Instructional Systems Specialist positions:A. I have a bachelor's or higher degree that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours appropriate to the work of the position to be filled. The course work included study in at least four of the following five areas: (1) Learning theory, psychology of learning, educational psychology: Study of learning theories as they relate to the systematic design, development, and validation of instructional material; (2) Instructional design practices: Study of the principles and techniques used in designing training programs, developing design strategy and models, and applying design methods to the improvement of instructional effectiveness; (3) Educational evaluation: Study of the techniques for evaluating the effectiveness of instructional/educational programs, including developing written and performance tests and survey instruments, and determining reliability and validity of evaluation instruments; (4) Instructional product development: Study of the techniques appropriate for developing training materials, including identifying learner characteristics, specifying objectives, applying training strategy, validating training materials, and evaluating training or (5) Computers in education and training: Study of the application of computers in education and training, including selecting appropriate computer software.
2. Please select the response that most closely matches your specialized experience qualifications for the Instructional Systems Specialist GS-1750-09 .A. I have at least one full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 grade level or equivalent pay band in the Federal Service which has equipped me with the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of this position. Such specialized experience includes: Developing material for portions of a course used in the education of military personnel, analyzing curricula in automated information management systems, developing segments of audience-tailored learning objectives for military courses, recommending course improvement to account for changing technology and methodology, and studying course objectives to determine need for modification.
3. Please select the response that most closely matches your specialized experience qualifications for the Instructional Systems Specialist GS-1750-11 .A. I have at least one full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 grade level or equivalent pay band in the Federal Service which has equipped me with the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of this position. Such specialized experience includes: Developing a complete, full-length course used in the education of military personnel, evaluating curricula in automated information management systems, developing audience-tailored learning objectives for military courses, recommending curriculum modifications in accordance with changing technology and methodology, and modifying course objectives for compliance with specified training methodologies.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. Your resume must support your responses.
4. Develop instructional systems for a wide variety of organizational courses (i.e., seminars, leadership conferences, and military education).
5. Analyze military job requirements to produce learning objectives.
6. Provide creative solutions to problems with instructional systems.
7. Evaluate programs of instruction to ensure compliance with systems approach to training (SAT) model.
8. Modify curriculum materials for a variety of military education courses.
9. Update master lesson files for courses and programs.
10. Provide training to staff on the use of information management systems (e.g., Marine Corps Training Information Management System).
11. Develop curriculum-related analytical reports to recommend modifications.
12. Provide training on the use of the Marine Corps Training Information Management System (MCTIMS).
13. Advise staff on academic and technical topics related to military courses.
14. Recommend military curriculum improvements based on changing doctrine, techniques, and methodology.
15. Lead academic workshops concerning the Systems Approach to Training (SAT).
16. Liaise with outside agencies on issues related to military curriculum development.
17. Conduct complex research on the developments and ongoing activities of federal and private sector training institutions.
18. Collaborate with military course coordinators ensuring instructional material is aligned with course objectives.
19. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you:
• understand this statement
• have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and
• verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability