Please accurately identify your level of experience and demonstrated capability when completing this questionnaire as your responses, resume and supporting documents will be reviewed for accuracy. You will be asked at the end of this questionnaire to certify your entire application as true and accurate.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment and referral consideration. Please indicate those eligibilities for which you are eligible and would like to be considered. You will only be considered under eligibilities that you select and provide requested supporting information either below or within your resume. If you do not meet at least one of the eligibilities below, you are not eligible to be considered for this position. For additional information, definitions and supporting documentation requirements see the list of appointing eligibilities listed at http://www.public.navy.mil/donhr/Employment/CivJobOpps/Documents/ApplicantChecklist_Merit.pdf. Please note that documentation (e.g., SF-50’s or DD-214s) will be requested if you are selected to verify your eligibility.
1. Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee - I am currently employed as a permanent career or career-conditional (Tenure 1 or 2 in box 24 of SF-50) federal employee in the competitive service (will show a 1 in box 34 of SF-50) or I am currently on a permanent Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA) (SF-50 will show a 2 in box 34). Note: Your resume must include your position title, pay plan, series, grade level, agency worked for and dates of employment for all applicable federal work experiences.A. Yes
2. Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) - I am a veteran who served substantially 3 or more years of continuous active duty in the military - OR - I am a preference eligible; AND I was discharged under honorable conditions. Note: If you are responding yes, ensure that you have answered all applicable veterans’ questions in both the Eligibility Information and Other Information sections of this questionnaire. Visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx for veterans' preference eligibility requirements.A. Yes
3. Annuitant - I am currently receiving an annuity for service as a federal civil servant. If selected, I would be serving as a re-employed annuitant.A. Yes
4. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position in a Non-DoD federal agency (e.g., IRS, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.) in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under ICTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are well qualified. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this statement, you must submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record.A. Yes
5. PPP Military Spouse - I am registered in the DoD Priority Placement Program (PPP) Military Spouse Preference Program (Program S) for the series, grade and location covered by this announcement.A. Yes
1. Please select one response that best describes how you meet the minimum qualifications for a GS-1082-11 WRITER-EDITOR. (PLEASE NOTE: If you are qualified based on education, please verify your claim by attaching a copy of your college transcripts or providing on your resume an itemized list of courses that includes transcript-equivalent information (i.e., course title, semester/quarter hours, grades, and degree earned).
2. Please select one response that best describes how you meet the minimum qualifications for a GS-7082-12 WRITER-EDITOR.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Write and/or edit written materials for publication such as reports, regulations, articles, newsletters, magazines, news releases, training materials, brochures, interpretive handbooks, pamphlets, guidebooks, scholarly works, reference works, speeches, or scripts.
4. Copyedits drafts texts, revising or rewriting to improve elements such as syntax, grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, style, publication format, endnote and bibliography format, use of tables and figures, consistency of expression, logical organization and development, and readability.
5. Conducts substantive editing, extensively rewriting and restructuring complex documents to organize, balance, and complete deficient materials to meet publishing objectives.
6. Apply electronic production methods throughout the editorial and review process to ensure that each review and corrections phase is completed efficiently.
7. Evaluate each product's purpose and intended audience to determine the appropriate medium for distribution, and develop appropriate format and style approaches.
8. Ensure permissions for any copyrighted material are on file before production, and that permissions are adequate for the medium in which the product will be published.
9. Provide assistance with layout and design principles to format manuscript text and incorporate photos, illustrations, and other graphics to produce final electronic files for the designer.
10. Manage the design, production, printing, and distribution of various knowledge products for publishing in both print and electronic media.
11. Analyze ideas to recommend appropriate processes to achieve desired products.
12. Conducts research to check accuracy of facts and documentation of sources, and consults with specialists or program officials when details are not verifiable through independent research.
13. Determines what materials the author needs to provide to support the publishing objectives and ensure that the author has provided all materials prior to production.
14. Verifies accuracy and completeness of materials provided by the author, and works with the author to resolve discrepancies.
15. Prepares original materials and edits material written by other staff members to meet a specific command requirement.
16. Advise other offices regarding the steps required to produce a publication and the types of presentation medial available.
17. Provides guidance to design and printing contractors, and approves print and electronic layout concepts.
18. Develops distribution and marketing plans appropriate to each product's audience and medium.
19. Your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Deliberate attempts to falsify or inflate your responses may be grounds for not referring you.
Please take this opportunity to review your rating to ensure the accuracy of your answers and that they are supported by your resume. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.