1. Please select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a Purchasing Agent, at the GS-05 level.
2. Please select the ONE response that BEST describes the experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a Purchasing Agent, at the GS-06 level.
3. Please select the ONE response that BEST describes the experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a Purchasing Agent, at the GS-07 level.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. If faxing in the Occupational Questionnaire, Form 1203-FX, darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the form.
4. Review purchase orders for validity of requests.
5. Review orders for adequacy of funding and accurate accounting data.
6. Ensure regulatory compliance throughout the purchasing process.
7. Purchase materials, equipment and/or services for an agency or business.
8. Prepare Blanket Purchase Agreements for an agency or business.
9. Assist in locating supply sources for needed supplies, equipment and/or services.
10. Request prices and/or quotes from vendors.
11. Provide technical assistance to customers on purchase card use.
12. Provide information and technical guidance to customers concerning procurement of materials, equipment, or services.
13. Maintain data in a standard procurement automated system.
14. Maintain files involving purchase transactions or procurement regulations and directives.
15. Utilize automated systems to update, locate, check or retrieve information on purchases.
16. Prepare correspondence and other documentation using word processing software, such as Microsoft Word.
17. Brief management in order to provide recommendations or process improvements.
18. Contact technical personnel or business representatives to place orders or clarify purchase item descriptions.
19. Communicate with customers to obtain approvals for substitute items, discuss price changes, or changes in delivery dates.
20. Confer with customers/clients to assess their needs and provide information/assistance in resolving their problem.
21. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.