Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 11.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and/or education which meets the Qualification Requirements for Business Information Specialist, GS-0301-11.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service, to include experience gathering data collection requirements in a scientific research environment; designing, developing, and documenting scientific research management software applications; ensuring software applications and/or databases are compliant with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) regulations (requires prior training in GLP as defined by 21 CFR Part 58).
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from
the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
2. Develop, and maintain information technology projects to collect or analyze research management data.
3. Engage in rapid prototyping to develop software solutions for managing research resources.
4. Stay abreast of current technology trends, including hardware and software products, to assess the suitability for current and future Center scientific research management needs.
5. Design, organize, and implement databases (e.g., Oracle and Access) to support research management, including employment programs and financial management.
6. Document software programming project plans, status and results for management staff.
7. Document business requirements and requests for software modifications to be conveyed to computer scientists, information technology staff, and the supervisor, as appropriate.
8. Assist in the creation of standard operating procedures manuals, or other technical guidelines.
9. Maintain records of systems or computer code changes (i.e., configuration management).
10. Engage in meetings with research, management and computer programming staff to gain thorough understanding of business requirements and goals.
11. Consult with vendors, computer scientists, or subject matter experts to solve complex programming or information systems issues.
12. Make recommendations for software or database solutions to support research management.
13. Deliver presentations on research management projects and elicit feedback for further development efforts.