Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we can not process your application without it.
Enter Management and Program Analyst
Enter the lowest grade level (11-12) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise, you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
If you are applying under Merit Promotion procedures, please select one of the following:
Select the Occupational Specialty Code that identifies how you would like to receive consideration for this position. Applicants requesting consideration as a merit promotion, Schedule A, or non-competitive eligible candidate must include the appropriate required supporting documents with their application package.
The Specialty code(s) for this position are 001 and 002. Please note that you must select at least one specialty code but may select multiple codes if desired. Each code is defined below:
001 - Merit Promotion. This includes current Federal employees who serve under a competitive career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service, reinstatement eligibles (former Federal employees who served under a career appointment in the competitive service) and VEOA eligibles (veterans with preference and veterans who have been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service. You must provide qualifying documentation (i.e. - SF-50, performance appraisal and/or veterans documentation).
002 - Non competitive and Special Hiring Authorities. This includes applicants who are eligible for non competitive or special appointment authorities such as: 30% or more compensably disabled veterans, Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA - for position at GS-11 and below), and persons with disabilities (Schedule A), military spouse preference, Federal employees in excepted position covered under an interchange agreement, and other eligible special hiring authorities (such as Peace Corps, Boren Fellows, etc.). This also includes applicants who previously held, or currently hold, this position and grade with the same promotion potential as announced this 735621. For more information about special hiring authorities, visit: http://www.opm.gov/hr_practitioners/lawsregulations/appointingauthorities/index.asp. You must provide qualifying documentation for a non competitive or special hiring authority.
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the letter that describes the experience you have that demonstrates your ability to perform Management and Program Analyst work at the GS-11 level. Please select only one answer.A. I have 1 year of experience equivalent to at the least the GS-09 level in the Federal service performing administrative and management techniques and procedures including planning, developing, and monitoring assignments to resolve problems and to improve management operations, processes and concepts within an organization. My experience included assisting with studies to evaluate support or operation services for an organization; identifying problems to make recommendations to work flow, distribution or administration; utilizing analytical techniques and methods to evaluate the effectiveness or efficiency of work operations in a program; assisting with developing procedures and guidelines to supplement administrative regulations or program guidance; assisting with preparing written reports on findings and recommendations of program operations.
2. From the descriptions below, select the letter that describes the experience you have that demonstrates your ability to perform Management and Program Analyst work at the GS-12 level. Please select only one answer.A. I have 1 year of experience equivalent to at the least the GS-11 level in the Federal service performing administrative and management techniques and procedures including planning, developing, and monitoring assignments to resolve problems and to improve management operations, processes and concepts within an organization. My experience included planning management studies to evaluate support or operation services for an organization; identifying problems to make recommendations to work flow, distribution or administration; utilizing quantitative and qualitative techniques and methods to evaluate the effectiveness or efficiency of work operations in a program; developing procedures and guidelines to supplement administrative regulations or program guidance; documenting and tracking the progress of program operations; preparing written reports on findings and recommendations of program operations to management; conducting briefings to management on recommendations or findings.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Identify problems in work processes and develop recommendations for addressing them.
4. Manage project throughout the full project life-cycle, including planning, budgeting, requirements, design and implementation.
5. Participate in planning initiatives for new program development.
6. Participate in development and implementation of policies and procedures.
7. Resolve problems within program operations such as in productivity, budgetary issues, technology needs, space issues or staffing to maximize resources.
8. Perform special assignments at request of senior management.
9. Lead a project that involves evaluation of a program or program component.
10. Develop criteria to be addressed in evaluation of a program, evaluation process, data gathering instruments and how outcome will be measured.
11. Evaluate the productivity and eficiency of program operations, with recommendations for improvement.
12. Analyze findings of studies/ program evaluations to make recommendations for operating programs.
13. Develop and deliver oral briefings on program activities.
14. Provide technical guidance on program operations within an organization.
15. Negotiate with senior management to accept and implement recommendations, changes in policy or to take a particular course of action.
16. Recommend changes in policies and procedures within area of responsibility.
17. Represent organization at meetings or committees with full policy and program knowledge and priorities.
18. Prepare comprehensive reports of program evaluations..
19. Prepare written briefings for managers and staff.
20. Prepare written analysis of data.
21. Prepare comprehensive reports of program operations.
22. Compose standard operating procedures for use by varied audience.