Please accurately identify your level of experience and demonstrated capability when completing this questionnaire as your responses, resume and supporting documents will be reviewed for accuracy. You will be asked at the end of this questionnaire to certify your entire application as true and accurate.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment and referral consideration. Please indicate those eligibilities for which you are eligible and would like to be considered. You will only be considered under eligibilities that you select and provide requested supporting information either below or within your resume. If you do not meet at least one of the eligibilities below, you are not eligible to be considered for this position. For additional information, definitions and supporting documentation requirements see the list of appointing eligibilities listed at http://www.public.navy.mil/donhr/Employment/CivJobOpps/Documents/ApplicantChecklist_Merit.pdf. Please note that documentation (e.g., SF-50s or DD-214s) will be requested if you are selected to verify your eligibility.
1. Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee - I am currently employed as a permanent career or career-conditional (Tenure 1 or 2 in box 24 of SF-50) federal employee in the competitive service (SF-50 will show a 1 in box 34) or , I am currently on a permanent Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA) (SF-50 will show a 2 in box 34). Note: Your resume MUST include your position title, pay plan, series, grade level, agency worked for and dates of employment for all applicable federal work experiences.A. Yes
2. Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) - I am a veteran who served substantially 3 or more years of continuous active duty in the military - OR - I am a preference eligible; AND I was discharged under honorable conditions. Visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx for veterans' preference eligibility requirements. Note: Ensure that you have answered all applicable veterans’ questions in both the Eligibility Information and Other Information sections of this questionnaire.A. Yes
3. Military Spouse under Executive Order 13473 - I am the spouse of a member of the Armed Forces.A. Yes, I am the spouse of a member of the Armed Forces who has been issued orders for a permanent change of station (PCS) within the past two years, and I am indicated on the PCS orders; and I have been married to the military member on, or prior to the date of my spouse's PCS orders; and I am relocating with my spouse to the new duty location; and I have not been appointed using this authority under these orders.
If you answered Yes under A, please provide the following information in this block: 1) city, state or country of new duty station, AND 2) date of your sponsor’s PCS orders.
4. PPP Military Spouse - I am registered in the DoD Priority Placement Program (PPP) Military Spouse Preference Program (Program S) for the series, grade and location covered by this announcement.A. Yes
5. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) - I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position in a Non-DoD federal agency (e.g., IRS, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.) in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under ICTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are well qualified. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this statement, you must submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record.A. Yes
1. To qualify for Librarian GS-1410-09 your qualifications must include
2. To qualify for Librarian GS-1410-11 your qualifications must include
Applicants will choose their responses (A-E) to the task statements from the list below that best describes their experience and/or training.
3. Provide reference and research assistance to library clientele
4. Employ innovative use of technology in support of reference, instruction and electronic access to library resources
5. Locate information that is specialized or technical in nature, from a wide variety of published and unpublished sources, electronic data bases and web-based resources.
6. Employ in-house resources, the Internet, government and fee-based databases and resources owned by the library to assist clientele
7. Instruct clientele in effective research methods and techniques in the use of information resources
8. Develop customized library resource briefs & web pages, interactive web-based or in-person training, bibliographies of resources, and other teaching aids including annotating and evaluating material
9. Develop library bibliographies of resources and other teaching aids including annotating and evaluating material
10. Maintain current and new products and services as well as recommend changes
11. Apply collection development theories and practices to library tasks
12. Evaluate reference collection as well as subject areas in the overall library collections and resources
13. Select new materials in any format or recommend items to be withdrawn in the library
14. Participates in working group evaluations and annual review of the Collection Development Plan
15. Assist faculty on collection development and weeding
16. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you:
• Understand this statement
• Have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and
• Verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability
Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.