Fire Training Specialist, GS-301-09
Vacancy ID: 737302 Announcement Number: MG-2012-01011-KJD-737302MP USAJOBS Control Number: 325917200Occupational/Assessment Questions:
1. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the answers that I am about to provide in this questionnaire are true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001), my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 CFR part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "NO" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify my answers provided in this questionnaire are true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.
B. No, I do not certify my answers provided in this questionnaire are true, correct and provided in good faith.
C. No, I do not understand the information provided above.
2. Please indicate your eligibility to apply under Merit Promotion Procedures.A. I am a current or former civilian Federal employee in the competitive service who has: career or career-conditional status, reinstatement eligibility, or eligibility under an interchange agreement. You are encouraged to submit a copy of your latest SF-50 Notification of Personnel Action showing time-in-grade (52 weeks at the next lower grade).
B. I am a veteran separated after 3 or more years of continuous active service performed under honorable conditions. You are encouraged to provide official documentation documenting your military service such as a DD-214 or statement of service. NOTE: If you are a current career or career-conditional employee without time-in-grade you will not be considered under this authority.
C. I am a current or former displaced Federal employee in the local commuting area. To be considered you must be rated at or above the well qualified rating criteria for this position. You must submit supporting documentation such as a copy of your separation personnel action (SF-50) and a copy of your reduction in force letter.
D. None of the above. I am not eligible under Merit Promotion Procedures.
3. Please indicate your eligibility to apply noncompetitively.A. I am a current or former civilian Federal employee who has held a permanent position in the competitive service with the same or higher promotion potential as this position or am eligible under an interchange agreement. You are encouraged to submit a copy of your latest SF-50 Notification of Personnel Action.
B. I am eligible to be hired under a Special Hiring Authority authorized for persons with disabilities such as Schedule A. You must provide a copy of your certification from state Office of Vocational Rehabilitation.
C. I am eligible to be hired under a Special Hiring Authority authorized for disabled veterans who have a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more. You must provide a copy of your DD-214 and VA letter.
D. I am eligible to be hired under a Special Hiring Authority authorized for returning Peace Corps volunteers. You are encouraged to provide your Peace Corps documentation.
E. I am eligible to be hired under a Special Hiring Authority authorized for military spouses. My active duty military spouse: (1) received a Permanent Change of Station (PCS) move; (2) has a 100% disability rating; or (3) died while on active duty. You must provide a copy of the appropriate PCS orders, documentation of your spouse's disability, or documentation of your spouse's death and your marital status at time of death, as appropriate.
F. I am eligible for a Veterans Recruitment Appointment based on the fact that I am (1) a disabled veteran; (2) a veteran who served on active duty in the Armed Forces during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized; (3) a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the Armed Forces, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces Service Medal was awarded; or (4) a recently separated veteran. You are encouraged to provide documentation documenting your service, such as a DD-214 or statement of service. If you are eligible as a disabled vet, you must provide a copy of your DD 214 and VA letter.
G. None of the above. I am not eligible to be appointed non-competitively.
THE RESUME YOU SUBMIT FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST SUPPORT THE ANSWER YOU CLAIM UNDER THIS AND OTHER QUESTIONS. IF NOT, YOU WILL BE FOUND NOT QUALIFIED OR YOUR SCORE WILL BE LOWERED.
4. From the descriptions below, select the letter that describes the education or experience you have that demonstrates your ability to perform as a GS-0301-09 Fire Training Specialist.A. My resume supports at least one year of specialized experience in a position requiring knowledge of policies and procedures that support the successful scheduling, management and delivery of national-level training courses that is equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the GS-07 grade level or pay band in the Federal service.
B. I have a master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree.
C. I have a combination of education and experience.
D. I do not have the education or experience as described above.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
B- I have had education or training in performing the task, but have not yet performed it on the job.
C- I have performed this task on the job. My work on this task was monitored closely by a supervisor or senior employee to ensure compliance with proper procedures.
D- I have performed this task as a regular part of a job. I have performed it independently and normally without review by a supervisor or senior employee.
E- I am considered an expert in performing this task. I have supervised performance of this task or am normally the person who is consulted by other workers to assist them in doing this task because of my expertise.
5. Supporting logistics for courses, workshops and/or widely attended events.
6. Communicating with instructors, presenters, sponsors and others through written and verbal means.
7. Registering and tracking participant attendance.
8. Organizing task management and data tracking mechanisms.
9. Working in an environment that delivers national- and state-level fire and emergency services training programs.
10. Using Microsoft Office software programs and information technology tools and/or systems that support the delivery of training programs.
11. Presenting information orally to staff members in meetings, small groups of stakeholders or supervisor.
12. Writing documents or correspondence for internal and external customers with supervisory review.