1. From the descriptions below, select the letter that describes the education or experience you have that demonstrates your ability to perform GS-0306-13 Government Information Specialist (FOIA).A. I have at least one year of specialized experience that is equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the GS-13 grade level or pay band in the Federal service. Specifically, specialized experience is described as experience to ensure compliance with Freedom of Information Federal statutes and regulations governing the Federal records life cycle creation, use, maintenance, scheduling and disposition of official records.
I do not have the education or experience as described above.
YOUR RESPONSE TO THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS MUST BE SUPPORTED IN YOUR RESUME. FAILURE TO SUPPORT YOUR ANSWERS IN YOUR RESUME MAY ELIMINATE YOU FOR CONSIDERATION.
Choose the answer for each task statement from the list below that best describes your security experience. Please select only one letter.
2. Demonstrates knowledge of records management, policies, principles, concepts, practices and methods in processing FOIA requests.
3. Demonstrates knowledge to review incoming requests and provide compliance with Federal statutes and regulations under FOIA guidelines.
4. Demonstrates experience in maintaining and monitoring an integrated records and reporting system effecting policy and programs.
5. Demonstrates knowledge and experience to conduct data analysis involving principles of accounting, management science, and statistical theory using database computer applications.
6. Demonstrates ability to independently conduct research, identifies legal issues, and analyzes the basis for the correct exemption (s) for disclosure determinations.
7. Demonstrates ability to prepare and maintain index of opinions and orders issued by Office of General Counsel, Department of Justice, and Office of Management and Budget with respect to agency programs and requests.
8. Demonstrates ability to prepare, review and edit correspondence, free of spelling and grammatical errors, consistent with established FOIA policies and procedures in preparation for signature.
9. Demonstrates ability to prepare and maintain index of opinions and orders issued by various departmental agencies.
10. Prepares written reports related to Freedom of Information rulings and published guidelines.
11. Demonstrates ability to serve as a liaison to external customers and recipients to brief, clarify and resolve FOIA related issues.
12. Ability to consult and coordinate with program offices and other agencies on unprecedented problems regarding release of information under FOIA guidelines.
13. Ability to participate in conferences, meetings, hearings or presentations as a key management official.