For item 1, please read the following statement carefully. Your response to this question will determine whether you will or will not be eligible for this position. If you respond No to any question in this section, you will not be eligible for consideration for this position.
1. Are you willing to submit to an initial background and suitability security investigation?
2. From the description below, select the ONE response that best describes the experience level that demonstrates you meet the Minimum Qualification Requirements for the Information Technology Specialist.
For items/tasks, choose ONE of the statements from the list below that best describes your HIGHEST level of work experience and/or training for each task.
3. Troubleshoot software and systems to resolve problems associated with daily processing, use, and interoperability of business systems.
4. Investigate system hardware, software, and network malfunctions to isolate problems and init8iate or implement corrective measures.
5. Experience in strategic planning; capital planning, infrastructure and architecture management, investment and planning; and workforce planning for the organization.
6. Establish evaluation criteria to assess system performance and prevent system failures.
7. Evaluate IT operations and functions to reduce costs.
8. Integrate IT programs among different functional offices within the organization.
9. Manage changes in the environment that support regulatory and customer requirements.
10. Conduct design reviews of proposed changes to IT infrastructure or applications.
11. Develop security tools to eliminate information systems vulnerabilities.
12. Define strategies for information system security testing.
13. Evaluate and develop appropriate responses to security incidents that are in compliance with applicable information security guidelines.
14. Monitor security devices to identify security incidents.
15. Serve as Contracting Officer Representative (COR) or Alternate COR in support of software and hardware systems within the organization.
16. Design, modify, test, install, implement and support new or existing software applications to meet Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) requirements.
17. Prioritize the work of team members to meet service level agreement requirements.
18. Lead technical teams in order to deliver a quality product or service for the organization and/or customers.
19. Mentor junior staff to form a productive team that will produce quality products and services.
20. Determine resources needed to accomplish information technology organizational goals.
21. Cultivate cooperative relationships with all levels of staff and management within the organization to include customers to build partnerships.
22. Resolve workplace differences to improve and settle disputes among the staff.
23. Lead a staff by setting the vision and strategy to encourage them to accomplish tasks.
24. Persuade staff to be creative and innovative by embracing new technology and products to achieve organizational goals efficiently.
25. Develop policies, guidelines, and user instructions concerning IT operations that support the organization.
26. Prepare reports, briefings, and position papers to provide information on software, hardware, network, and systems plans and operations.
27. Develop and distribute IT guidance to assist and instruct technical team and users on the various software applications and techniques to obtain optimum results.
28. Tailor communications to correspond with the reader's level of understanding of information technology subjects.
29. Write analyses of findings resulting from reviews of work processes or products.
30. Present technical information technology to an audience consisting of a wide variety of government representatives.
31. Conduct briefings for and meetings with information technology professionals to convey project information.
32. Negotiate with information technology staff and customers to implement information technology programs.
33. Discuss various information technology issues (security, firewalls, system development life cycles, IT inventory, etc.) with staff and management to devise solutions for their information technology needs.
34. Provide guidance and advice with network installation, operations, and maintenance to technical staff and management of the organization.
35. Identify qualitative and quantitative issues involved in project planning, implementation, and evaluation to ensure information technology services are delivered to the customers of the organization.
36. Adapt work methods in response to new regulations, changing objectives or unexpected obstacles.
37. Design state-of-the-art processes to stay abreast of constantly changing technologies.
38. Utilize project management tools to keep information technology projects on schedule.
39. Formulate plans involving many functional areas to accomplish organizational objectives.
40. Plan and develop IT strategies and system requirements to support business objectives for delivery of IT services to the organization and its users.
41. Collaborate with IT and functional experts to translate functional requirements into technical specifications for the design, development, and interoperability of applications and systems.
42. Interpret and apply IT concepts, methods, standards, and practices to plan and manage IT systems for the organization.
43. Manage changes in the environment that support regulatory and customer requirements.
44. Develop work flow tools to deliver complex services in a timely and accurate manager to the organization.
45. Institute measures to ensure compliance with legislative requirements related to information technology.
46. Resolve integration issues related to implementation of new systems within the existing infrastructure.
47. Plan and develop IT strategies and system requirements to support business objectives for delivery of IT services to the organization and its users.
48. Collaborate with IT and functional experts to translate functional requirements into technical specifications for the design, development, and interoperability of applications and systems.
49. Use interpersonal abilities to resolve difference in a manner that improves communication among staff members.
50. Tactfully deals with issues related to customer service and system reliability.
51. Interpret and explain technical requirements for a non-technical audience.
52. Cultivate cooperative relationships with customers to build partnerships.
53. Develop proactive communication strategies that facilitate feedback to management and clients in support of new initiatives and client needs.
54. As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: Understand this warning; have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.