For item 1, please read the following statement carefully. Your response to this question will determine whether you will or will not be eligible for this position. If you respond No to any question in this section, you will not be eligible for consideration for this position.
1. Are you willing to submit to an initial background and suitability security investigation?
2. From the description below, select the ONE response that best describes the experience level that demonstrates you meet the Minimum Qualification Requirements for the Information Technology Specialist.
For items/tasks, choose ONE of the statements from the list below that best describes your HIGHEST level of work experience and/or training for each task.
3. Prepare budget justifications and proposals that reflect the needs of the agency.
4. Submit proposals that are thorough and accurate, and that receive management acceptance with little or no changes/corrections.
5. Prepare highly accurate and precise estimates of costs and obtain the most recent cost estimates from various sources.
6. Study all relevant budget material and anticipate future needs by gathering data on forthcoming plans.
7. Ensure that budget proposals incorporate all elements and translate organizational objectives, priorities, and analysis of current resources into accurate budget proposals.
8. Recognize and recommend changes based on misstatements or errors in budget proposals; consolidate budget requests and proposals.
9. Guide others and evaluate organizational impact of full cost processes on budget execution.
10. Assist others with budget, cost, programs, concepts, principles, policies, procedures, and requirements.
11. Explain and recommend budget options to management and decision making officials.
12. Develop and implement new procedures to prevent potential issues in the future related to budget, cost, schedule and expenditures.
13. Draw conclusions and provide recommendations to management to resolve current and potential issues related to budget, cost, schedule and expenditures.
14. Develop, document, and implement accounting policies and procedures to meet accounting/reporting requirements.
15. Conduct studies, testing, or reporting on a variety of accounting subjects relating to OMB Circular A123 and internal controls.
16. Research and interpret new and existing accounting regulations, policies, and procedures to determine the impact on internal and external clients.
17. Provide written and oral analysis of accounting systems, data and reports to management, team members, customers, or others involved.
18. Evaluate the legality and propriety of obligations and payments applicable to disbursement of Federal funds.
19. Review data in administrative systems and understand underlying issues that may cause errors and provides advice on needed changes.
20. Possess in-depth knowledge of administrative systems used to perform a wide range of business functions.
21. Research, troubleshoots, and resolves complex data problems.
22. Possess knowledge and application of administrative systems to perform a variety of business such as travel management, contracts, purchases, credit cards, etc.
23. Assist and/or provide guidance to others on the use of administrative systems and data flows.
24. Prioritize the work of team members to meet service level agreement requirements.
25. Lead employees in using a variety of financial software products to deliver a quality product or service for the organization and/or customers.
26. Teach, instruct, and mentor agency employees, and direct staff to form a productive team that will foster timely input of quality products and services.
27. Determine resources needed to accomplish financial organizational goals.
28. Cultivate cooperative relationships with all levels of staff and management internal and external to the organization to build partnerships.
29. Lead a staff by setting the vision and strategy to encourage them to accomplish tasks.
30. Establish strategic goals and priorities and use advanced business and organizational analysis to identify and assess problem definitions and potential solutions.
31. Identify relationships and linkages between different information sources and anticipate issues that are not readily apparent on the surface.
32. Anticipate the possible outcome of potential solutions, identify and resolve complex issues; and educate senior leaders as to the solution.
33. Determine criteria for assessing issues and opportunities and establish clear goals and priorities.
34. Coordinate the information gathering and reporting process and review trends and compare to expectations.
35. Lead others in attending to detail in the most difficult and/or high-pressure circumstances.
36. Independently complete thorough and accurate work.
37. Review and edit work completed by others to ensure that the quality of work meets acceptable work standards.
38. Demonstrate exceptional work standards.
39. Set the standards for the quality of the work completed for the organization.
40. Provide guidance and advice to senior level management, internal staff and outside customers, facilitate dialogue and meetings, and the budget presentation for OMB and Congressional approval.
41. Listen actively and encourage dialogue to foster communication and workflow within a diverse group.
42. Prepare canned and tailored reports, briefings, and position papers to provide information on the budget to managers and/or outside customers.
43. Correspond written correspondence with the reader's level of understanding of financial, budgetary, and/or accounting information subjects.
44. Write analyses of findings resulting from reviews of work processes or products and make determinations on use of financial resources.
45. As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: Understand this warning; have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.