For each task in the following group, choose response below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- Yes.
1. Do you possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-9 grade level in the Federal Service? Examples of specialized experience at this level would be possessing the necessary skills to determine the required test equipment to use in various situations and to conduct the necessary test and evaluate the results; operational and performance characteristics of analog and digital radio and television and worldwide broadcast networks.
The education requirement may be met by three (3) full academic years of graduate level education or the successful completion of a Ph.D or equivalent doctoral degree or completion of all requirements for an LL.M.
Education at the graduate level must demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to do the work. One year of full-time graduate education is considered to be the number of credit hours, which the school attended, has determined to represent one year of full-time study. Part-time graduate education is creditable in accordance with its relationship to a full year of full-time study at the school attended.
COMBINATION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Equivalent combinations of successfully completed education and experience may be used to meet the experience requirements.
2. Do you possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 grade level in the Federal Service? Examples of the specialized experience at this level would be the ability to use standard fault isolation techniques via computer-based control equipment to identify, isolate and correct deficiencies in direct restoral action of the audio or video signal flow from the various Master Control Centers to the appropriate feed system.
3. Do you possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 grade level in the Federal Service? Examples of specialized experience at this level, in addition to the above, would be technical knowledge and skills in numerous types of complex telecommunications systems, such as compressed digital video encoding systems, satellite uplink and downlink equipment and fiber optic communications equipment; to operate and maintain the global distribution network on a 24/7/365 basis; make wiring changes, software configuration changes and system configuration changes in system drawings and documentation files.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Understanding of installation, test and operational characteristics of analog and digital radio and television transmission facilities using satellite, microwave, telephone, web-streaming and fiber optic equipment.
5. Use of a variety of automated data processing equipment to monitor and control analog and digital test equipment to conduct fault isolation procedures of the various communication systems listed above.
6. Extensive technical knowledge in global communications operations, computer control systems and computer automation systems along with the skill to implement broadcast schedules over the agencies global feed systems.
7. Technical understanding of the operational characteristics of high power short wave and medium transmitters, antenna arrays and their transmission characteristics.
8. Present oral briefings.
9. Prepare written presentation.