Enter/Select the occupational specialty code:
1. Please choose the best response that indicates that you meet the basic requirements for a Biologist.A. Possess a four year degree in biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position (must submit transcript at time of application submittal).
2. Please choose the best response that indicates that you meet the basic requirements for a Microbiologist.A. Possess a four year degree in microbiology; or biology, chemistry, or basic medical science that included at least 20 semester hours in microbiology and other subjects related to the study of microorganisms, and 20 semester hours in the physical and mathematical sciences combining course work in organic chemistry or biochemistry, physics, and college algebra, or their equivalent (must submit transcript at time of application submittal).
3. Please choose the best response that indicates that you meet the basic requirements for the Chemist.A. Possess a four year degree in physical sciences, life sciences, or engineering that included 30 semester hours in chemistry, supplemented by course work in mathematics through differential and integral calculus, and at least 6 semester hours of physics (must submit transcript at time of application submittal).
4. Do you have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service, that included interpreting established regulations, practices, and data in order to manage Medical Countermeasure (MCM) research activities; applying quantitative and qualitative analytical methods to assess data, identify program discrepancies and improve research program effectiveness; developing new approaches to the scientific evaluation of biological products related to Medical Countermeasure (MCM) preparedness; and preparing reports on scientific findings ?A. Yes (this experience must be reflected in your resume)
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your experience and capability using the scale below.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
5. Formulate science policies for Medical Countermeasure(MCM) preparedness to include supporting laboratory activities.
6. Manage scientific productivity in the area of MCM to diagnose, treat, and prevent disease.
7. Assist with the development of basic policy directives that form the framework for the mangagement of scientific and regulatory activites.
8. Advise external stakeholders, consumers, and other counterparts on scientific, technical or regulatory issues impacting public health.
9. Evaluate sensitive policy issues regarding guidelines, policies, and programs that facilitate MCM preparedness.
10. Evaluate facility design, operation, and testing procedures using good manufacturing practice regulations and guidance.
11. Identify deficiencies and recommendations on alternate approaches to laboratory activities.
12. Contribute opinion, observations, data, scientific, technical and regulatory interpretations based on area of expertise.
13. Investigate possible violations of the Public Health Service Act and Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act relating to drug or products.
14. Evaluate sensitive policy issues regarding guidelines, policies and program that facilitate MCM preparedness.
15. Represent the Office in discussions of scientific and technical issues with other scientific, medical, and/or regulatory personnel.
16. Collaborate with other members of the organization and provide information on complex topics while considering the knowledge base of the participants.
17. Present scientific information (e.g., data findings, observations, regulatory interpretations) to colleagues and management.
18. Prepare reports based on scientific findings relating to policies and procedures.
19. Write procedures or guidance to improve program operations and processes.
20. Write proposed resolutions regarding program issues.