Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? You must include your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference.
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.A. Yes.
4. Incumbent will be required to operate a government-owned or leased motor vehicle in the performance of duties, therefore, a valid driver's license is required. Incumbent must have a safe driving record within the three-year period immediately preceding submittal of GSA Form 3607 and be able to meet the safe driving requirements of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Do you possess a valid Drivers License?
In addition to the qualification requirements, candidates must possess registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) determined to be essential to the position for making highly technical engineering decisions for high hazard dams and irrigation structures. The requirement is due to the position's impact on public health, safety and interaction with private consultants, A & E firms, and engineering professionals from states, Indian tribes, and federal agencies. These interactions and related decisions require a level of technical authority and professional standing obtained only by registration as a professional engineer. Selective factors are knowledges, skills, abilities, or special qualifications that are in addition to the minimum requirements in a qualification standard, but are determined to be essential to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. Applicants who do not meet the selective factor are ineligible for further consideration.
5. Do you possess a current certification of Professional Engineering Registration? Note: You must include a copy of current certification of professional engineering registration.
Please note that your answers may be verified against the information you provide in your resume/application and information your references provide. (Note: The quality, type, and scope of your experience and/or training must demonstrate that you are fully qualified to perform the duties of the position to be filled. Be sure you describe your background as it relates to the duties of this position since your narrative application or resume must support the response you select.) Copies of transcripts or a listing of completed coursework must be submitted to document educational accomplishments.
6. Please select one response below that best reflects your education and/or experience in meeting the Basic Requirements for this position. Please read all responses prior to making your selection. Mark only 1 response.
Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance. You must meet the minimum basic educational/experience requirements for professional engineering positions in the Federal government. In addition, you must have at least one year of specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the next lower level (comparable to GS-12) in the federal service.
7. From the list below, select the best response that best describes your qualifications for GS-13 Civil Engineer
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
8. Assist in providing expert technical and financial advice regarding construction, repair and maintenance of dams and dam safety issues.
9. Serve as a technical expert and liaison for implementation of a construction management system for program dam and irrigation projects.
10. Direct and oversee program reviews of all construction management and oversight activities.
11. Recommend direction and coordinating projects concerning construction materials, quality control (QC) testing and quality assurance (QA) systems for construction of complex dam foundation, seepage and strength conditions, concrete and roller compacted concrete placement and design
12. Recommend direction and coordinating projects concerning construction monitoring, and monitoring data, reservoir storage data, operation and maintenance data, rehabilitation and betterment data, repair data, and economic data.
13. Recommend direction and coordinating projects concerning dam construction and project planning, designing and constructing enlargement and improvement.
14. Ensure technical accuracy of historical, legal, economic, engineering, hydrologic, hydraulic, and geologic data produced for dam projects.
15. Assist as required on the planning, designing, constructing, rehabilitating, betterment, operation and maintenance, designation, and general project management of dam projects in all of the BIA Region's.
16. Direct and provide technical construction engineering assistance with regard to regional construction and dam safety programs.
17. Initiate in-depth analysis of the program to identify weaknesses, determine needed changes, and provide planning direction.
18. Report program results to for inclusion in developing and implementing activities to accomplish program objectives.
19. Develop and provide construction materials, quality control (QC) testing and quality assurance (QA) systems for construction of complex dam foundation.
20. Evaluate seepage and strength conditions, concrete and roller compacted concrete placement and design, construction monitoring, and monitoring data, reservoir storage data, operation and maintenance data, rehabilitation and betterment data, repair data, and economic data.
21. Review and coordinate all dam construction, rehabilitation, construction QA/QC, and operation and maintenance programs.
22. Recommend direction and coordinating projects concerning information pertinent to the planning, design, construction, financing, budgeting, and ensuring compliance with applicable regulations and guidelines of dams and irrigation projects.
23. Direct and monitor field inspections of dam design, construction and rehabilitation projects recommending proper operation and maintenance and construction practices and procedures for conformance with applicable laws and regulations.
24. Ensure compliance with Bureau policies and procedures and establishes Regional guidelines and procedures for dam safety, dam design, inspection, construction, operations and maintenance, and special initiatives affecting dam safety projects.
25. Ensure project compliance with all federal guidelines, DOI manual, BIA manual and BIA Handbook and national dam construction guidelines for dam projects.
26. Comply with OMB Circular A-123, Internal Control Systems and other directives, which ensure control of waste, fraud, and abuse.
27. Develop and assist the Contracting Officer in negotiating service contracts and agreements for planning, designing, and specifying construction, rehabilitation and maintenance activities for dam projects.
28. Assist in selection of qualified A & E firms, contractors and suppliers.
29. Serve as the Contracting Officer's Representative on all region-wide dam construction contracts.
30. Review work performed by agency offices and contractors for soundness of proposals and conformity to established policies, and provides technical guidance.
31. Make trips to field to provide technical guidance and assistance to Agencies, contractors and tribes.
32. Serve as the lead or recommends regional personnel to assist, coordinate and oversee construction and dam safety activities during litigation, negotiation and implementation stages.
33. Make oral presentations to governmental conferences, tribal groups, and other organizations as required and directed by the Supervisor.
34. Represent in all dam construction and dam safety modification matters at the local, tribal, Federal and State levels.
35. Prepare quarterly deferred maintenance reports, safety reports, environmental reports, and ensures the all such reports are timely in meeting required submission schedules.
As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
36. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veteran's or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50's) is received and is accurate.