Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Providing this information is completely voluntary and will not affect the processing of your application or consideration for employment. Prior to the review of your application materials, these demographics will be separated from your application along with any personal identifiers.
The collected information will help us to better understand the applicant pool for Federal jobs. The nature of the information received is confidential. This information will be maintained under conditions that ensure only summary data for all applicants are reported and that no individual applicant's data is provided to selecting officials. This information becomes part of a Privacy Act System of Records as identified in 5 CFR 552a, and any disclosure of this record or information contained in this record is in accordance with routine uses found in OPM/GOVT-7, Applicant Race, Sex, National Origin, and Disability Status Records.
The categories below provide descriptions of ethnicity, race and disability. Select the category(s) with which you identify yourself.
Category 01 and 02, "Ethnicity", check only one; category 03 through 07, "Race", check all that apply; category 08-10, "Disability Status" select one; category 12-20 "Targeted Disabilities", in the case of multiple impairments, choose the code which describes the impairment that would result in the most substantial limitation; category 11 applies to Schedule A appointment eligibility.
WARNING STATEMENT: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. Should you be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference?
Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.A. Yes. Please review the "How to Apply" section on how to upload your BIA Form-4432.
Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility?
Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.A. Yes. Please review the "How to Apply" section on how to upload your Standard Form-50.
Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed?
Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference.A. Yes. Please review the "How to Apply" section on how to upload your Veteran's documentation.
Thank you for your interest in the Forestry Aid (Fire), GS-0462-02 position at Jicarilla Agency, Branch of Forestry, located in Dulce, New Mexico. Your responses to this questionnaire, in conjunction with the other portions of your completed application, will be evaluated to determine your qualifications for this position.
Please carefully follow all instructions for submitting your responses. You must select only ONE response for each item. If you change your response, be certain to erase (uncheck) the incorrect response before you submit the application. Once you have submitted your application, items with more than one response or items left blank will not receive credit.
For the GS-02 grade level: Please select the response below which best describes your experience and/or education to qualify for the position of Forestry Aid (Fire).A. I have 3 months of general experience, such as: serve as a member of a fire crew assigned to suppress the full range of wildland fires, consisting of fireline construction, use of pumps, and engines, hose lays using appropriate nozzles and nozzle adjustments n effective use of water and additives, working in and around aircraft, safety rules and basic fire behavior; chops brush, fells small trees; patrols fireline; and participates in fire and safety training.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
5. Utilize wildland fire equipment during initial attack suppression such as engines, helicopters and fixed wing i.e. (single engine air tankers, lead plane) to suppress wildland fires.
6. Perform suppression tactics on wildland fires.
7. Operate the pump on a fire engine and making hose lays.
8. Perform as ignition and holding specialist during prescribed fire operations.
9. Identify safety concerns and mitigate them so that operations are completed safely.
10. Construct fire line during fire suppression activities to support safety of personnel and equipment.
11. Perform proficiency checks and drills, safety sessions and fire critiques.
12. Lead discussions of six minutes for safety topics and or tail gate safety topics.
13. Collect weather data on fire assignments in order to make fire behavior calculations.
14. Complete training in fire safety.
15. Recognize unsafe practices and conditions and implements appropriate mitigation.
16. Maintain wildland fire engines such as the module 52 engine.
17. Perform specialized duties such as water handling during wildland fires and prescribe fire activities.
18. Operate chainsaws and is fully qualified as either an A, B or C card and can maintain and repair chain saws.
19. Maintain and repair all types of water handling pumps, along with all the plumbing associated with the module 52 engine.
20. Repair hand tools used in wildland firefighting for example Pulaskis, Mcleod and Combination tools.
VERIFICATION STATEMENT: Your ratings in this Occupational Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you:
· Understand this warning;
· Have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and;
· Verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Your failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for this position:A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.