Read the statements below to determine what options (001 and 002) you are eligible to apply. You must enter at least one code.
001 - Merit Promotion: I am eligible to be considered under merit promotion procedures because I am a current or former Federal employee working in a permanent competitive service position.
1. Are you a current; competitive status; and carreer or carreer-conditional Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH) employee?A. Yes
2. Select the statement that describes how you meet the education and/or experience for this position at the GS-11 level.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-09 level in the Federal service) that included supporting analytical studies by researching and gathering narrative and statistical data on 508 compliance program activities; preparing option papers and similar staff reports for program briefings; responding to routine inquiries regarding program goals, objectives, work processes and operations of a program; and assisting in conducting surveys and other studies of work processes or programs.
3. Select the statement that describes how you meet the specialized experience requirements for this position at the GS-12 levelA. I have at least one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-11 grade level or higher in the Federal service conducting studies to identify and resolve issues affecting program operations; providing guidance on pertinent laws, regulations, policies, and precedents which affect 508 programs; assisting in the delivery of 508 compliance training; and recommending changes to internal structures to improve program efficiency.
4. Select the statement that describes how you meet the specialized experience requirements for this position at the GS-13 levelA. I have at least one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-12 grade level or higher in the Federal service) planning and conducting comprehensive studies, including surveys and interviews to measure work processes and activities of 508 compliance programs; providing authoritative guidance on 508 compliance; analyzing and recommending improvements to programs carried out; and developing guidelines to address legislative, programmatic, and management issues affecting program operations.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
5. Develop analytical surveys and studies to identify weaknesses within 508 compliance program operations.
6. Analyze the impact of proposed changes to regulations or policies that affect 508 functions, programs and activities.
7. Analyze narrative and statistical data obtained from various sources to measure 508 program productivity.
8. Study management controls and similar compliance functions across various organizations to develop new internal structures.
9. Develop a systematic approach for testing Word, Excel, PDF, and PowerPoint documents for 508 compliance.
10. Advise on program policies, standards, and guidelines for 508 testing.
11. Remediate high-priority documents to ensure 508 compliance prior to posting on an FDA web site.
12. Promote 508 training opportunities to increase staff participation.
13. Provide guidance to staff on the transition to an agency-wide content management system.
14. Brief managers on findings of studies conducted.
15. Recommend improvements to the effectiveness of work processes and activities.
16. Develop written reports to recommend changes to programs and policies.
17. Develop guidance and other training materials for staff on preparing Word, Excel, PDF, and PowerPoint documents.
18. Report on the tracked progress and accomplishments of a program.
19. Develop guidelines in addressing technical problems encountered within a program.