Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we can not process your application without it.
Enter Paralegal Specialist
Enter the lowest grade level (09-09) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise, you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the letter that describes the education or experience you have that demonstrates your ability to perform GS-9, Paralegal Specialist work.A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-7 level in Federal service that involved performing the following types of duties: examining and processing a variety of legal documents; conducting detailed research, analysis and evaluation of data in response to complex and/or politically sensitive requests; drafting litigation recommendations, legal documents and correspondence; analyzing and determining appropriate action required; summarizing factual information, legal issues, and case law relevant to a given case; and assisting with the preparation of exhibits, such as statistical charts, graphs and maps; documenting findings and preparing recommendations; searching legal reference files and other sources for information and data required by attorneys.
In this part, you will respond to questions about experiences you have had that are related to the requirements of the job for which you are applying. Carefully review the response descriptions listed below. For each question or statement, select the one response description that best describes your experience, education, or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Researches, analyzes, and summarizes relevant legal precedents for applicability to assigned cases
3. Reviews, summarizes, and outlines trial testimony
4. Compiles, analyzes, and evaluates information and evidence in connection with hearings, appeals, litigation or advisory services
5. Receive, analyze, investigates, and recommends action on submissions with various claims.
6. Prepares legal documents, including extradition requests, letters of rogatory requests, and documentation relevant to other actions related to the acquisition of evidence and/or testimony for civil or criminal investigations
7. Prepares immunity requests, writs of habeas corpus prosequendum/testifcandum, grand jury and trial subpoenas, attachment to subpoenas, and other technical documents
8. Prepares and maintains trial related documents, e.g., discovery letters, exhibit lists, jury instructions, and trial subpoenas
Coordinate and manage analytical projects related to criminal justice policies and programs of concern to immediate organizational component.
10. Prepares, organizes, and maintains exhibits for trial
11. Advises attorneys and support staff on preparation, presentation, and maintenance of various legal documents, e.g., discovery letters, exhibit lists, jury instructions, and trial subpoenas
12. Provides litigative case management by preparing and maintaining exhibits containing a variety of visual materials and notes any deficiencies in these materials
13. Produces and provides to the attorney the appropriate legal documents, information, exhibits or witnesses at the appropriate time during court proceedings.
14. Conducts interviews of agents and potential witnesses
15. Maintains contact with law enforcement agencies and other parties involved to ensure provision of complete and timely cooperation in all aspects of assigned cases
16. Provides information and assistance concerning status of case or relevant procedural issues
17. Informs client agencies and witnesses about case status in order to resolve particular legal, factual, or victim/witness problems
18. Utilizes automated legal research tools and public information databases
19. Performs data searches or other data retrieval assignments
20. Uses personal computer based software, i.e., word processing, spreadsheet, or database management, to develop reports, statistical data, text, and graphics
21. Enters court filings, proceedings, and required case information into a case docketing system